XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pebble Battery Drain on Phone?

Tip us?

lathamc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Pebble Battery Drain on Phone?

I know that the Pebble only uses 5-10% of the phone's battery because of Bluetooth, but how much battery will the Pebble app, Pebble Notifier, and like three other Pebble apps use? Will they use minimal battery life (about 2-5%?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Fotogravin
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Even less than 2-5% in my experience. I don't find them in my usage stats

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia Z

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I haven't seen it in my battery stats either using a N5. Even if it does take a bit of battery, remember that you're most likely going to be looking at your phone less and the constant lock/unlock should improve your battery.

Scottbee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
I haven't seen it in my battery stats either using a N5. Even if it does take a bit of battery, remember that you're most likely going to be looking at your phone less and the constant lock/unlock should improve your battery.
This thread may be old, but I just came in to say that this comment is very true. Based on your kernel's governor settings (that throttle the CPU) you'll save a serious amount of battery even before considering the screen will be on less often.

dece27
Old
Thanks Meter 7
With my N5, I have lots of awakes from Pebble app (v2.4 beta) which drains the battery of the smartphone. I'm using Dalvik because ART has a bug with the bluetooth with lots of awakes. Can anyone help me, please?

Grooby97
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Looks like Pebble app is preventing the phone going into deep sleep though

http://forums.getpebble.com/discussi...-deep-sleeping

not sure if other people are experiencing this. I am on V2 Beta 4.

dece27
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Which watchfaces and watchapps are you using?

Shawheim
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I've had a pebble for 4 months and haven't had it show up on my list in battery stats. That's using the pebble app, pebble notifier and canvas. Even using a watchface from canvas that shows weather and battery info doesn't cause a drain. And I wear my pebble 10+hrs a day.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

dece27
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I don't know, probably there's something strange with Pebble App and Android 4.4.2. Who notice this problem can please help us, providing the full list of watchapps and watchfaces installed?

quangtran1
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawheim View Post
I've had a pebble for 4 months and haven't had it show up on my list in battery stats. That's using the pebble app, pebble notifier and canvas. Even using a watchface from canvas that shows weather and battery info doesn't cause a drain. And I wear my pebble 10+hrs a day.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Same here. I have 4.4.2 and Pebble services don't even make on this battery usage list.

iPhone 5S, LG G2, Razr Mini, Nokia 928, Blackberry Q10

Tags
battery, battery drain, pebble