[Q] Booting to black screen after "Samsung Galaxy SII" Splash Screen

Search This thread

zimmertr

Jul 19, 2013
Hello everyone, I have a Galaxy S2 (D710) with a broken usb port that I'm having trouble with. Since I have a broken USB port I can't just use odin one click.=/

I followed a guide to put cyanogenmod kit kat on the phone but I didn't like it so I wanted to downgrade to back cyanogenmod jelly bean. However, when I tried to using CWM it gave me a status 7 error for some reason. So I opened the update script on my computer and deleted the assert checks and tried again but it still failed. So I tried to flash the stock kernel back to my phone thinking that might be the problem but now when I turn on the device it boots to a black screen after the "Samsung Galaxy SII" Splashscreen shows.

I can still access android recovery mode and download mode but that is it. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Any help would be much obliged. Thank you!

Last edited:

Malacant

Aug 26, 2011
New Orleans
If you can access recovery, couldn't you just pop your SD card into your comp, put the stock ROM on it, then flash it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
I flash the blasphemy kernel since that has a jellybean recovery.
Reboot to recovery and flash blasphemy kernel, then reboot recovery. Puts a older cwm that allows you to flash any jellybean rom again. Hope that helps

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app