No registration required

Is our HOX end of the line?

OP RobDC

3rd December 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

265 posts
Every great Rom I use becomes 'discontinued' :thumbdown:
I understand our HOX doesn't stay young and fresh forever, but it still beats lots of available new phones.
I am not a dev, I can't make a Rom myself, so I really hope our HOX will by subject of romdeveloping for a while :sly:

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by RobDC; 3rd December 2013 at 08:18 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobDC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,677

7,546 posts
More
wrong place, but no i think it's not at the end...because there are a few working on roms like thormy on cm to support it officially and and and ,,,if we get the kernel source finally we maybe can get in a short time 4.4....so we just have to wait
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to One-M8-Master For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2013, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 234

538 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master

wrong place, but no i think it's not at the end...because there are a few working on roms like thormy on cm to support it officially and and and ,,,if we get the kernel source finally we maybe can get in a short time 4.4....so we just have to wait

F*** HTC :')
3rd December 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 214

518 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDC

Every great Rom I use becomes 'discontinued' :thumbdown:
I understand our HOX doesn't stay young and fresh forever, but it still beats lots of available new phones.
I am not a dev, I can't make a Rom myself, so I really hope our HOX will by subject of romdeveloping for a while :sly:

I have worked with a lot of devices on xda ,and to be honest HOX has the least attention

I own a newly bought HTC Sensation XE and it has the twice the support that HOX has though its a years older than One X

beside the HTC One X hasnt been lucky with Tegra Chip inside since this chip isnt popular at all and it doesnt has any kind of support

,,lol

another point Samsung Galaxy S2 even has more support than both of these devices together

SO when it comes to your question ? I think our device here is dying fast when it comes to support

next time I'm going to by only Nexus devices though when it comes to build quality HTC is far superior than any other device
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HTC Venom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2013, 07:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,677

7,546 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Venom

I have worked with a lot of devices on xda ,and to be honest HOX has the least attention

I own a newly bought HTC Sensation XE and it has the twice the support that HOX has though its a years older than One X

beside the HTC One X hasnt been lucky with Tegra Chip inside since this chip isnt popular at all and it doesnt has any kind of support

,,lol

another point Samsung Galaxy S2 even has more support than both of these devices together

SO when it comes to your question ? I think our device here is dying fast when it comes to support

next time I'm going to by only Nexus devices though when it comes to build quality HTC is far superior than any other device

or just buying an htc without tegra inside or another phone without tegra...but i will also think about to buy nexus...
3rd December 2013, 07:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 214

518 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master

or just buying an htc without tegra inside or another phone without tegra...but i will also think about to buy nexus...

Have you checked the XDA page for any NEXUS device? even nexus 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexus 1 is more popular than this mighty HOX . and yes NEXUS 1 has a KITKAT ROM running on it

HOX is a really powerful phone when t comes to specs and numbers but thats ok if I were a normal user , but sadly XDA has changed the way I look into phones ,

because of XDA I will only buy a device with a lot support and t seems that NEXUS devices always lucky to have
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HTC Venom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag Friesland
Thanks Meter: 14

101 posts
More
No s-off can kill a device
The Following User Says Thank You to ariewtf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2013, 08:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariewtf

No s-off can kill a device

On the other hand, no s-off makes it really hard to brick
I never mind flashing boot with the pc.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobDC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2013, 08:29 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 43

133 posts
More
I still have 2 months and then I can get a new device. Thinking on a nexus 5. Problem with my hox right now is the famous wifi bug. Development for our hox is minimal on this moment and a lot of users go on to the HTC One.

3rd December 2013, 08:31 PM   |  #10  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 1,103

1,095 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Venom

Have you checked the XDA page for any NEXUS device? even nexus 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexus 1 is more popular than this mighty HOX . and yes NEXUS 1 has a KITKAT ROM running on it

HOX is a really powerful phone when t comes to specs and numbers but thats ok if I were a normal user , but sadly XDA has changed the way I look into phones ,

because of XDA I will only buy a device with a lot support and t seems that NEXUS devices always lucky to have

Take a look at the legendary HD2 it's support beats the one x in every way that's due to the chip and s-off... And yes nexus devices support is way better duo to its price what broke the one x is the ****ty Tegra chip nvidia is known at writing bad drivers for Linux kernels so i wouldn't be surprised... When i bought the one x i knew that the support won't be amazing but i thought we will have s-off because that didn't happen the support is very bad so mhhh.. Let's see if the next htc gets the 805 snapdragon chip this would be really interesting if not the N5 will always be there

Sent from my EndeavorU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to ExoticMe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread