Stuck in Recovery/Bootloader

Tip us?

MrScrufff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck in Recovery/Bootloader

I have S-off, Unlocked Bootloader, and my EVO is rooted. I have HBOOT 2.09

I tried to install Vanir so I flashed the Gapps 4.4 in TWRP which seemed to work, then I tried to flash Vanir after and got an error.

Now no matter what I do I boot right into recovery and can't seem to figure my way out. Clearly I'm in over my head so if someone could just help me get back to stock at least I would really appreciate it. Thanks

hondafreak513
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Did you install the proper twrp for kitkat.. if so just try flashing the Rom first then let it boot up and sit for a minute.. then boot back into recovery and flash gapps this works for me..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
If you ain't First your Last...."Ricky Bobby"

MrScrufff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's 2.6.3 twrp, and whenever I tried to install the ROM it gave me an error message.

Link420able
Old
(Last edited by Link420able; 5th January 2014 at 02:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScrufff View Post
I have S-off, Unlocked Bootloader, and my EVO is rooted. I have HBOOT 2.09

I tried to install Vanir so I flashed the Gapps 4.4 in TWRP which seemed to work, then I tried to flash Vanir after and got an error.

Now no matter what I do I boot right into recovery and can't seem to figure my way out. Clearly I'm in over my head so if someone could just help me get back to stock at least I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Even though you use TWRP 2.6.3.0, it has to be a modded one that allows SELinux support.

Click Me -Flash the Recovery in the OP of this thread

If you have a working fastboot and adb environment on your computer you can flash it by going to to fastboot USB in the bootloader of your phone, and make sure your phone is connected to your PC properly.

Place the .img file in your adb and fastboot folder and then open a command prompt from that location.
then type fastboot flash recovery "recoveryfilename.img" and ofcourse replace recoveryfilename with the actual filename.

after that reboot into recovery and try reflashing Vanir.

This is the method I use to flash recoveries, its fairly simple and fast in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

MrScrufff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link420able View Post
Even though you use TWRP 2.6.3.0, it has to be a modded one that allows SELinux support.

Click Me -Flash the Recovery in the OP of this thread

If you have a working fastboot and adb environment on your computer you can flash it by going to to fastboot USB in the bootloader of your phone, and make sure your phone is connected to your PC properly.

Place the .img file in your adb and fastboot folder and then open a command prompt from that location.
then type fastboot flash recovery "recoveryfilename.img" and ofcourse replace recoveryfilename with the actual filename.

after that reboot into recovery and try reflashing Vanir.

This is the method I use to flash recoveries, its fairly simple and fast in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I just ran the RUU and went back to stock and everything's good

Link420able
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScrufff View Post
Thanks, I just ran the RUU and went back to stock and everything's good
Ah ok. Glad you got everything sorted out.

electronleaker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good deal.

GoblinZ
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Sometimes an RUU is all you have left. A powerful option no doubt.