Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] TWRP issue

OP jimbo4822

15th January 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, I am having issues with TWRP recovery. I have been running mean rom since I got the phone when it was new. I have been thinking of trying a new rom and wanted to update TWRP. I mad a nandroid back up with TWRP, also backed up my apps with Titanium, no issues with either. Now the fun begins, I used goomanager to updated TWRP to 2.6.1 and now when i boot into recovery nothing happens, the phone gets the splash screen with the white bar on the upper right then instead of opening recovery it reboots to the phone.

I cannot get into recovery, I have tried battery disconnect, rebooting multiple times using bootloader to reset to fasctory and nothing happened. It didnt even reset factory defaults. The phone works, everything works jut cant get into recovery. any ideas?

thanks
15th January 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,179

3,990 posts
Donate to Me
More
You're saying you can boot into Android but not to recovery, right? Have you tried pushing the recovery to the phone via fastboot? If that doesn't work, sounds like you need to RUU and re-root.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
15th January 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 380

170 posts
recovery
I dont trust the goomanager app for recovery images.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/98

read the instructions and flash that one instead. there are instructions for multiple situations.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

[QUOTE=jimbo4822;49441801] I have tried battery disconnect

That is no easy task on an evo lte
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread