XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP issue

Tip us?

jimbo4822
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] TWRP issue

Hello, I am having issues with TWRP recovery. I have been running mean rom since I got the phone when it was new. I have been thinking of trying a new rom and wanted to update TWRP. I mad a nandroid back up with TWRP, also backed up my apps with Titanium, no issues with either. Now the fun begins, I used goomanager to updated TWRP to 2.6.1 and now when i boot into recovery nothing happens, the phone gets the splash screen with the white bar on the upper right then instead of opening recovery it reboots to the phone.

I cannot get into recovery, I have tried battery disconnect, rebooting multiple times using bootloader to reset to fasctory and nothing happened. It didnt even reset factory defaults. The phone works, everything works jut cant get into recovery. any ideas?

thanks

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1601

DONATE TO ME
You're saying you can boot into Android but not to recovery, right? Have you tried pushing the recovery to the phone via fastboot? If that doesn't work, sounds like you need to RUU and re-root.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

GoblinZ
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Default recovery

I dont trust the goomanager app for recovery images.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/98

read the instructions and flash that one instead. there are instructions for multiple situations.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

[QUOTE=jimbo4822;49441801] I have tried battery disconnect

That is no easy task on an evo lte