Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ISIS on Gophone prepaid service with T999 S3

OP otizzy

25th November 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a SGH-T999, unlocked, stock, with OTA 4.3. I really want ISIS to take advantage of the 20% cashback bonus offer w/ Serve. There's no T-mobile corporate stores anywhere nearby to get the enhanced sim card, so I got an AT&T enhanced sim card instead, and activated one month of the $40 gophone service. After many hours of try to activate it and waiting on hold with AT&T support, even trying it on a AT&T branded compatible phone, the retards at AT&T finally told me that there's no way to get ISIS to work on prepaid service, only postpaid.

Is that true? Any workaround? As bad as I want it, there's no way I'm gonna pay those ba$tards at ATT the ripoff postpaid prices+activation fees for a service I only want for the mobile wallet.
25th November 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,721

7,738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otizzy

I have a SGH-T999, unlocked, stock, with OTA 4.3. I really want ISIS to take advantage of the 20% cashback bonus offer w/ Serve. There's no T-mobile corporate stores anywhere nearby to get the enhanced sim card, so I got an AT&T enhanced sim card instead, and activated one month of the $40 gophone service. After many hours of try to activate it and waiting on hold with AT&T support, even trying it on a AT&T branded compatible phone, the retards at AT&T finally told me that there's no way to get ISIS to work on prepaid service, only postpaid.

Is that true? Any workaround? As bad as I want it, there's no way I'm gonna pay those ba$tards at ATT the ripoff postpaid prices+activation fees for a service I only want for the mobile wallet.

Well are you even getting a regular signal with that sim? If signal wise its all ok on ATT service then I think the ISIS Wallet will work unless it looks at your ATT account and sees prepaid. What I'd do is check your APNs (Access Point Network) and see if

a. You get Data Signal.
b. The APN is a Post Paid APN not Prepaid
27th November 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

Well are you even getting a regular signal with that sim? If signal wise its all ok on ATT service then I think the ISIS Wallet will work unless it looks at your ATT account and sees prepaid. What I'd do is check your APNs (Access Point Network) and see if

a. You get Data Signal.
b. The APN is a Post Paid APN not Prepaid

A) I do get data signal. I get regular 4G on my unlocked T999 GS3, and 4G LTE on the AT&T Galaxy Rugby Pro I purchased just to try to get ISIS working.

B) I was trying it using the default APN, and also the APN post paid APN. Both times activation of ISIS failed with the same error message, error code 7008.
28th November 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,721

7,738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like the App checks your account status before it will let you do it. Sounds lame.

If you are on AOSP 4.3, you could modify the permission it requests and then deny access to sim.
2nd December 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

135 posts
More
Quote:

A) I do get data signal. I get regular 4G on my unlocked T999 GS3, and 4G LTE on the AT&T Galaxy Rugby Pro I purchased just to try to get ISIS working.

B) I was trying it using the default APN, and also the APN post paid APN. Both times activation of ISIS failed with the same error message, error code 7008.

I think you're downloading the T-Mobile version of the ISIS app.

You need a T-Mobile sim for the T-Mobile app, and the AT&T sim for the AT&T app.
2nd December 2013, 10:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucsss

I think you're downloading the T-Mobile version of the ISIS app.

You need a T-Mobile sim for the T-Mobile app, and the AT&T sim for the AT&T app.

I was using the AT&T version, I've tried the T-Mobile app too, neither worked.
13th January 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

58 posts
More
Quote:

I was using the AT&T version, I've tried the T-Mobile app too, neither worked.

Old thread but I contacted att about using Isis on GoPhone prepaid and they said Isis does not work with gophone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread