Thanks Meter 11
Join Date: Mar 2011
DONATE TO ME
[SOLUTION] Hong Kong 16GB N9005 who were stuck after 4.4.2 Official update.
This is for Hong Kong 16GB N9005 who were stuck on the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' screen after getting a 'Invalid: ext4 image' or 'Repartioning failed' errors while installing 4.4.2 OFFICIAL (Single File ROM) via Odin.
Many Thanks to @Volrath
for his/her post in another forum with this solution. I have tried and it worked. I've tried almost every other solution without avail. So, this is probably the only solution available at the time I'm writing this post.
In Odin mode
1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) in PDA/AP slot. Get it here: [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
2. Flash the latest CWM - 22.214.171.124 (the one that supports KitKat) in PDA/AP slot. Get it here: [http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00094/gb3...280113%29.tar]
Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487425
I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.
1. Boot in to Recovery mode by Volume up + Home + Power
2. Wipe Factory reset / Dalvik Cache
3. Format /System (under "mount and storage" menu) [IMPORTANT STEP]
4. Install Rom from SD Card
5. Say your prayer. You'll need it. (The installation could take sometimes. If the device screen shows Samsung boot animation, you're half way there)
Thanks again @Volrath