FORUMS

Wi-Fi Enabled on the LG G Watch R

XDA Recognized Developer Tasssadar managed to enable Wi-Fi connectivity on the LG G Watch R. … more

Google I/O 2015 Recap – XDA TV

Google I/o 2015 has come and gone. The biggest celebration of Google by Google has wrapped up. … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

How to choose External Battery Charger /Power Bank /Juice Pack

Thanks Meter: 3

By steason, Junior Member on 10th September 2012, 12:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
In my country , Malaysia , there is tons of choices for External Battery Charger /Power Bank /Juice Pack

of coz , most of it are from China.

I'm wondering how should i know it lasting or not?
or there is any specific technology to looking up?

my question is how to choose the it...no matter how much is the mAh

12th September 2012, 08:04 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Get something in the 10 to 20000 mah or more if you can... Standard battery is 2500 mah. further make sure that the charger for the external battery does NOT require a proprietary connector this way you can use the same micro usb cable and possibly even the charger as the phone.

Also download the Skyrocket wake lock Apk. some chargers and external batteries after use will prevent Deep Sleep thereby draining you internal battery even further. This app will also show you.if the charger is slow charge or fast charge.

Hit the thanks button if this helps you.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyQ1964 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2012, 07:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how to test a external battery pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by steason

In my country , Malaysia , there is tons of choices for External Battery Charger /Power Bank /Juice Pack

of coz , most of it are from China.

I'm wondering how should i know it lasting or not?
or there is any specific technology to looking up?

my question is how to choose the it...no matter how much is the mAh

You can check the batteries in the pack,usually,the Samsung 18650 battery cells is the best choice.Then you can test the battery cells' capacity.If it is close to the capacity that the sellers tell,then it's ture.Why I say it's close because battery cells in the test will loss electricity.

Another ways,maybe you can use it to charge your cellphone,you can use the following formula to test the external battery pack:
hours of charging your cell phone/(capacity of the external battery pack/ capacity of cell phone battery)*100%

Then use this value to compare,if the value is lower than 80%,then the external battery pack is not up to the standard.If it's higher than 85% is good,80%-85% is just qulified.90% is excellent!

Hope this can help you!
17th September 2012, 02:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
-------
Also download the Skyrocket wake lock Apk. some chargers and external batteries after use will prevent Deep Sleep thereby draining you internal battery even further
19th September 2012, 05:21 PM |#5  
Flag langroud
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Z.Golden

Also download the Skyrocket wake lock Apk. some chargers and external batteries after use will prevent Deep Sleep thereby draining you internal battery even further

12th April 2013, 07:52 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Firstly ,you must know that the rated capacity don't represent for its real capacity .And as for the price reason ,many suppliers cannot do the real capacity as the customers want .
Secondly ,the famous brand is a good choice than the others which no brands.
Lastly ,you should pick up the power bank who have the certificate related to the CE ROHS FCC and so on .

Good luck ,if you are interested in good quality power bank ,you can choose to email me jack.xu@victpower.cn thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to benjieming For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2013, 03:33 AM |#7  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Dont buy power banks from china
16th April 2013, 02:41 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilenore

Dont buy power banks from china

It depends on price and the cell quality. The sure brands to buy from China is only Yoobao. But I keep not recommending that brand.
My teacher who has Galaxy S2 got problem with the micro SD after using Yoobao powerbank in a month (I predict it was from USB voltage surge by the powerbank). The Apps on micro SD weren't detected, some pictures & media missing. I told him not to use it, since then the problems never come anymore (after restoring).

I recommend Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster (powerbank) or other powerbank brands that use Sanyo's cell (example: Samsung). I never get any problem on my phone of using Eneloop powerbank.
16th August 2013, 01:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Why not buy from China
I think you cannot deny all the suppliers from China, though in fact mostly of them with bad quality and cheap price.

Last week, I bought one from vivi power bank in the gift show in Las Vegas, vivi is their logo and the one bought is leaf power bank, with 5000mah battery. After I bought it, it is working well, at least till now there is no any question.

With a high-tech idea, this product not only very slim, but also itself with micro usb wire, in this case, it quite prefect for my samsung galaxy.
When i am in Las vergas, it help me much without a heavy and big stuff, but enough for me.

Hey, guy, maybe you can try them too, to change some extreme thoughts, sometimes we still need to learn from others based on their advantages. right?
19th August 2013, 07:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
if the powerbank charge 'slow charge', is it shows as 'usb charge' in battery usage?
I'm planning to buy Sony portable charger. Do you think it's good?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread