Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP please help custom recovery

Tip us?

Dedline
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] TWRP please help custom recovery

Hey guys,

I just rooted my p600 (wfi) and am now trying to install TWRP for my custom recovery. I can not find a good forum post about this process. I opened ODIN 3.09 and go to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img which fails. Anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can successfully flash TWRP recovery so I can start flashing my roms? Thanks guys

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedline View Post
Hey guys,

I just rooted my p600 (wfi) and am now trying to install TWRP for my custom recovery. I can not find a good forum post about this process. I opened ODIN 3.09 and go to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img which fails. Anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can successfully flash TWRP recovery so I can start flashing my roms? Thanks guys
Try Odin 1.85 or 3.07
The Following User Says Thank You to lsherif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dedline
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif View Post
Try Odin 1.85 or 3.07
doesnt work. Tried both, cant install any custom recovery after rooting. Not sure whats the deal

triolight
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Uncheck auto-reboot

Quote:
doesnt work. Tried both, cant install any custom recovery after rooting. Not sure whats the deal
http://dottech.org/151463/how-to-fla...edition-guide/

pinkLeviosa
Old
Thanks Meter 33
i cannot help with your problem though,
but i can give some suggestion for me i use odin v.07 because its for easy to understand and still in many tutorial use odin.07

and mostly before rooting any device you must flash a custom recovery first then go root and that's what i did.
i personally use TWRP recover yet more easy to understand and to use than cwm recovery...
it's just my opinions though...
pinkLeviosa<3
im just tryin' to help, so i hope it works

User of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210/R
Inspire Rom by JT1510365 | Werewolf Kernel by laufersteppenwolf

lightman33
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Hey guys,

openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img ==> wrong file, you should use openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img.tar with ODIN
Actual phone : Nexus 5 16Go Red (old phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII)
Actual tablet : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600 stock rooted with xposed modules (old tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab P7510)
The Following User Says Thank You to lightman33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dedline
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman33 View Post
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img ==> wrong file, you should use openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img.tar with ODIN
I flashed philz, then twrp, both failed to wipe cache, then I flashed philz again, and it worked. Rom is installed and working flawlessly. Not sure why the issues but thanks for the help. and I saw the mistake in download file for twrp and got the right one. Thx

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
I flashed philz, then twrp, both failed to wipe cache, then I flashed philz again, and it worked. Rom is installed and working flawlessly. Not sure why the issues but thanks for the help. and I saw the mistake in download file for twrp and got the right one. Thx
With Philz, wipe Dalvik cache first, then wipe cache partition, this way wiping will function correctly.