Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] execute a file remotely

Tip us?

HagbardC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] execute a file remotely

Hi there,

I have an (hopefully easy) problem which I am searching the answer for hours now.

I want to use my android device (4G Systems One Tab) to remotely execute a batch file on my PC via WIFI-Connection.

That's it.

I want to have an Icon on my homescreen and when its clicked the batch-file on the desktop computer is executed. (no feedback or output needed, this is all done by the batch)

I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with a solution or even an idea to find the way.

Thanks

HagbardC

megabiteg
Old
(Last edited by megabiteg; 6th September 2011 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 238
I don't have much experience in bash script but I do know that a software by the name of Script Manager is available in the market and might just help you achieve your goal.

Now with Script Manager you can execute a script you created and place it on a shortcut on the desktop of your phone. The bash script would do any type of calls it needs to do to the PC. As long as your firewalls are well configured and you have port forwarding on the router (if needed) or your on the same wifi network you should be able to do as you need with the tool.

Now also remember, you might want to consider rooting your phone so you can have busybox installed and have a good amount of commands available to you.
MSG Megabite

"Perfection is my life goal, excellence will be tolerated... WHOA!!"

Stock, Un-rooted T-Mobile HTC One
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megabiteg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HagbardC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, that was of help. Problem solved.

donkeyhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagbardC View Post
Thank you, that was of help. Problem solved.
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this is my problem exactly as well. I want to run a script to execute a .bat file from my computer.

Could you please go into more detail about HOW you configured "Script Manager"?
Possibly share your script so I can change it to fit my information.
Anyone? Please help.
Thanks.

- donkeyhigh