FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Would Like to Hack a Premium Case for possible S-View and Wireless Charging

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Mohwak, Member on 10th October 2013, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have looked on here at a lot of threads talking about wireless charging and S-View. It seem the general consensus is that the top two pins above the battery are for the NFC and the three next to the battery are for wireless charging and s-view. The problem is that most everyone claims that the top two pins in the row of three next to the battery are for charging and the S-view has the lone third pin. After watching several reviews on the flip cover and the s-view cover without wireless charging it appears that both covers use the top two pins. Is it possible that people are wrong about this? Could pin 1 (top) be for the s-view and pin 2 (middle) be a common for both pins 1 and 3. Then pin 3 be for wireless charging positive lead?

Would also like to know what makes the phone go into S-view mode. Is it a connection being made between the pins? I figure this can't be too complicated. But I do not want to short between two pins and ruin the phone.

Any real help on this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQtee6GJ4M

above link to non charging s-view review

Thanks again

11th October 2013, 07:17 AM |#2  
Flag Juneau, AK
Thanks Meter: 19

More
S View w/o qi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohwak

I have looked on here at a lot of threads talking about wireless charging and S-View. It seem the general consensus is that the top two pins above the battery are for the NFC and the three next to the battery are for wireless charging and s-view. The problem is that most everyone claims that the top two pins in the row of three next to the battery are for charging and the S-view has the lone third pin. After watching several reviews on the flip cover and the s-view cover without wireless charging it appears that both covers use the top two pins. Is it possible that people are wrong about this? Could pin 1 (top) be for the s-view and pin 2 (middle) be a common for both pins 1 and 3. Then pin 3 be for wireless charging positive lead?

Would also like to know what makes the phone go into S-view mode. Is it a connection being made between the pins? I figure this can't be too complicated. But I do not want to short between two pins and ruin the phone.

Any real help on this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQtee6GJ4M

above link to non charging s-view review

Thanks again

I have the S View cover w/o qi. I took off the cover and lined it up with the phone and it appears that the S View cover uses the bottom 2 pins. I hope this helps.
11th October 2013, 06:11 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Decatur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogAK

I have the S View cover w/o qi. I took off the cover and lined it up with the phone and it appears that the S View cover uses the bottom 2 pins. I hope this helps.

Thanks it Does!

would you happen to have a multimeter to know if the case just make a connection between the pins?
16th October 2013, 03:43 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I don't have a case to test but judging by the information in the wireless charging thread, the top pin is the positive terminal and the middle one is ground. If the s-view uses the middle and bottom pins, is it possible that we just need to ground the bottom pin to the middle pin to activate s-view?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th October 2013, 05:45 AM |#5  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
I wanna know this also, atm I use a Note 2 QI reversed and I use from the 3 pins the top 2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
16th October 2013, 06:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
2 pins covered, S View doesn't work
Top pin covered, S View doesn't work
Bottom pin covered, S View doesn't work

All pins must be uncovered for S View to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg
Views:	2195
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	2328140

Name:	IMG_0283.jpg
Views:	1782
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2328141

Name:	IMG_0284.jpg
Views:	1679
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	2328142

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg
Views:	1650
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	2328143
16th October 2013, 06:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Do those pins make contact with the top and middle pins next to the battery?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th October 2013, 06:56 AM |#8  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 146

More
I have installed the galaxy S3 and Note 2 wireless cards on my N3 and my brothers used top two pins works great. Covered middle pin doesn't work
Covered top pin doesn't work

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th October 2013, 06:16 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Decatur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by side808

2 pins covered, S View doesn't work
Top pin covered, S View doesn't work
Bottom pin covered, S View doesn't work

All pins must be uncovered for S View to work.

Attachment 2328140

Attachment 2328141

Attachment 2328142

Attachment 2328143

I can verify that simply making the connection between the the bottom two pins to the left of the battery does not initiate s-view function. So can any one with an Sview case take measurements with a multimeter to see if there is a change between the two pins with the case open or closed?
S-view case owners could you run a magnet around the window side of the case to see if a magnet is embedded in the case? I am thinking it could be a combination of things that trigger the s-view.

Also if any one has a non-sview case that wakes up the phone when opened I am interested in measurements between your pins when the case is open or closed and if there is a magnet embedded in your case
I think it is safe to say that the middle pin is the common between pins 1 and 3 and pin one for qi charging and pin 3 for cases,

Thanks for the responses and checking
16th October 2013, 07:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I am waiting for my own official S-View + Qi cover, once I get it, I will get you some detailed resistance measurements between the pins.
The Following User Says Thank You to frank26080115 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
case, flip, hack, s-view
Previous Thread Next Thread