OP tpierce89

28th April 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 167

294 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just received my black Red pepper case for my Note 3. I bought it on eBay for $27 and it was shipped from California. Shipping was fast (2 days) and free.

Craftsmanship: 7/10
- Review the photos below and you'll see that the foam area on the inside of the case around the earpiece is misaligned. I am still able to hear calls just fine, but it's a bad look.
- The case fits together very tightly, and in my case it was too tight. I had to trim a few supports off the inside of the back of the case to keep my home button from staying pressed.

Usability: 10/10
- it is easily as waterproof as my Love Mei case and probably even better. All the holes are nicely sealed and the case comes together well.

Looks: 9/10
- in my opinion, the case looks well. It comes in many different colors, so you can easily pick whichever choice pleases you.
- the back of the case is the feaux stitched leather just like the back of the note 3.

Feel: 8/10
- this thing is Light. Much lighter than my aluminum case.
- it did not add much to the height or width of my Note, but it made it about 1/2" thicker.
- the outside of the case is some type of rubber. It feels just like the rubber on the corners of the UAG case. This is great because it doesn't stick to my pockets like silicone. On the other hand, it is a little slippery in my hand, but it is much better than going caseless.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10. The price is so cheap that you can easily get one as a spare and keep it as an outdoors case if you prefer something more elegant as a daily case. The case feels good, and I have a full signal. My GPS is back to normal and I feel like my phone is safe in this case. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a "Lifeproof" style case. I even ordered another for my wife.

Link to the post on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...097565&alt=web

Album
http://imgur.com/a/BDzVq

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Last edited by tpierce89; 1st July 2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Change link
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tpierce89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Alabama

294 posts
Donate to Me
More

I apologize on advance for any poor formatting. I'm on my phone and I cant change it right now. Trying to get things packed to get away from this severe weather.

Sent from my locked down Note 3 via the tapatalk app
The Following User Says Thank You to tpierce89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 52

356 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpierce89

I just received my black Red pepper case for my Note 3. I bought it on eBay for $17 and it was shipped from California. Shipping was fast (2 days) and free.

Craftsmanship: 7/10
- Review the photos below and you'll see that the foam area on the inside of the case around the earpiece is misaligned. I am still able to hear calls just fine, but it's a bad look.
- The case fits together very tightly, and in my case it was too tight. I had to trim a few supports off the inside of the back of the case to keep my home button from staying pressed.

Usability: 10/10
- it is easily as waterproof as my Love Mei case and probably even better. All the holes are nicely sealed and the case comes together well.

Looks: 9/10
- in my opinion, the case looks well. It comes in many different colors, so you can easily pick whichever choice pleases you.
- the back of the case is the feaux stitched leather just like the back of the note 3.

Feel: 8/10
- this thing is Light. Much lighter than my aluminum case.
- it did not add much to the height or width of my Note, but it made it about 1/2" thicker.
- the outside of the case is some type of rubber. It feels just like the rubber on the corners of the UAG case. This is great because it doesn't stick to my pockets like silicone. On the other hand, it is a little slippery in my hand, but it is much better than going caseless.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10. The price is so cheap that you can easily get one as a spare and keep it as an outdoors case if you prefer something more elegant as a daily case. The case feels good, and I have a full signal. My GPS is back to normal and I feel like my phone is safe in this case. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a "Lifeproof" style case. I even ordered another for my wife.

Album
http://imgur.com/a/BDzVq

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Hey there that looks good would it be possible to get a link I would like to order one too thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Alabama

294 posts
Donate to Me
More
I messed up on the price. I meant to put $27. But here's the link. I'll fix the op and add the link.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...566045&alt=web

28th April 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #5  

356 posts
Quote:

I messed up on the price. I meant to put $27. But here's the link. I'll fix the op and add the link.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...566045&alt=web

That's still cheap by the way how are the buttons to press too hard?

The Following User Says Thank You to troyd28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Alabama

294 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28

That's still cheap by the way how are the buttons to press too hard?

No, the menu and back buttons are very sensitive. The power and volume buttons are stiff, but not hard to press if that makes sense. When I first put it on it was too tight and My home button wouldn't function. I had to shave a few millimeters off of all the tabs circled below. Now it fits perfectly and everything is working great.

The Following User Says Thank You to tpierce89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #7  

356 posts
Quote:

No, the menu and back buttons are very sensitive. The power and volume buttons are stiff, but not hard to press if that makes sense. When I first put it on it was too tight and My home button wouldn't function. I had to shave a few millimeters off of all the tabs circled below. Now it fits perfectly and everything is working great.

Did you put it in water yet sink glass etc? Well with tissue in it 1st.

28th April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Alabama

294 posts
Donate to Me
More
No I didn't. This evening is rather hectic in the south. I was so excited to have a new case that I threw it on and packed up my things. I will try to do this test in a bit now that we are in a better place.

28th April 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #9  

356 posts
Quote:

No I didn't. This evening is rather hectic in the south. I was so excited to have a new case that I threw it on and packed up my things. I will try to do this test in a bit now that we are in a better place.

Oh are you located where the tornado are touching down? And by the way would you say it's worth it? The case?

28th April 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Alabama

294 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea, I'm in West Alabama. I'd say it's worth it if you need the protection. I need it for work. I like having all my ports covered too. If I was going for looks I'd go for something like the UAG personally, but this is not a bad looking case. It is sturdy. I'll try the waterproof test and get back.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread