>> REVIEW << Galaxy Note 3 S-VIEW case - Authentic VS Fake - Lots of Pics!
Fedex just dropped off my new note 3 s-view case today, and I have to say that this is one serious high quality case.
As I have been riding temporarily on the cheap flip cases from China, I have a few days of comparison under my belt.....
and for clarity sake.....there is NO comparison.
1. This case has REAL nylon stitching. This was completely unexpected as everyone said it was molded. Well, not on the flip cover. I hobby with leather craft and know real stitching when I see it - Bravo Samsung !
2. The case is heavy ! Compared to the OEM plastic back, this case is a porker.
3. The bonded vinyl is textured but NOT to look like leather. I hear the black case has a leather texture. This does not.
4. The cheap case has a soft felt lining on the inner surface (real lint collectors), the OEM case is slick vinyl.
5. The view port on the cheap case comes pre-scratched to save you the trouble. Its CHEAP and looks it. The OEM looks like some bonded or coated plastic and it definitely feels sturdier.
6. The view port on the cheap case DOES NOT transfer any touch commands. So its only a pretty window at best.
7. The cheap case has no control element, so opening and closing the case does not trigger any s-view options.
8. The cheap case clearly has no NFC antenna. Ironically, neither does the OEM back. The OEM flip does !
9. The OEM flip case is stiff. Out of the box, the cover wants to flip closed. I am sure that will change over time.
10. Last but not least, the OEM flip case extends beyond the plastic shinny edges (really samsung ??) of the phone for added protection, vs the cheap case's flush-to-the-edge design.
OVERALL - This case is well worth the $60 they charge. I do suspect it may suffer from some edge de-lamination over time as its clear that the vinyl cover is bonded. Given where the stitching is, I can see some potential for peeling around the edges. That aside - this case is a total win for the note line and Samsung R&D hit their marks on this one. I do expect to get a black version at some point as I used a black cheap case for a few days, and the the color combo looked great (like a classic tux!).
Enjoy the pics!
I may look to delaminate and make a leather version some day !
What a godsend this option is. I was so sick of fumbling with my Gnote 2 flip case when trying to take a pic. This is brilliant and much easier to handle.