Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloader unlock no

Tip us?

dragonmhawk
Old
(Last edited by dragonmhawk; 13th August 2013 at 10:38 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default Bootloader unlock no

is there a way to install a different rom like from another country and have bootloader unlock through flashing?? right now im using ftf c6506 firmware unbranded us .423
Current devices: Nexus 4,5
Old devices: Xperia ZL: sold got nexus 5,HTC Desire C:Screen is broken,Nexus 4 rev 11:broken screen,Nexus 4 rev 10:Sent back to lg bugs,Samsung galaxay ace 2 x:crapsung sold to virgin upgrade nexus 4,iPhone 3:Sold got new phone,LG Optimus Net:Smashed it due to anxiety,Galaxy nexus:returned to friend,HTC sensation 4g:Sold new phone phone from friend,Xperia Play:Sold got screwed by rogers

alltubetone
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmhawk View Post
is there a way to install a different rom like from another country and have bootloader unlock through flashing?? right now im using ftf c6506 firmware unbranded us .423
This should go in the Q & A section, not developement.

I have a locked bootloader c6506 as well, currently there is no way around the locked bootloader if you aren't allowed to unlock it through the official way.

dragonmhawk
Old
(Last edited by dragonmhawk; 13th August 2013 at 08:05 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Bootloader unlock allowed no solved. Its locked by your carrier. You have to call your carrier and talk to them and push hard to get what you want. Or call Sony. carrier lock is the problem here. The bootloader is locked by the carrier. not Sony. After its carrier unlocked if u cant unlock the bootloader then you have to take it to a sony technician to get your bootloader unlocked Hit thanks if I helped in any way and pls check forums for my other posts and projects thanks again
Old devices: Xperia ZL: sold got nexus 5,HTC Desire C:Screen is broken,Nexus 4 rev 11:broken screen,Nexus 4 rev 10:Sent back to lg bugs,Samsung galaxay ace 2 x:crapsung sold to virgin upgrade nexus 4,iPhone 3:Sold got new phone,LG Optimus Net:Smashed it due to anxiety,Galaxy nexus:returned to friend,HTC sensation 4g:Sold new phone phone from friend,Xperia Play:Sold got screwed by rogers

weezill
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Bootloader unlock allowed no solved. Its locked by your carrier. You have to call your carrier and talk to them and push hard to get what you want. Or call Sony. carrier lock is the problem here. The bootloader is locked by the carrier. not Sony. After its carrier unlocked if u cant unlock the bootloader then you have to take it to a sony technician to get your bootloader unlocked Hit thanks if I helped in any way and pls check forums for my other posts and projects thanks again
Wait wait wait

Can you clarify exactly how you went about this? You call Bell Tech Support and they unlocked it? What do you mean "if you can't unlock the bootloader, take it to Sony". Were you able to unlock or no? Where do I find a Sony technician?

Thanks
-- HTC One (M7) --

dragonmhawk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
I called bell and they said they could carrier unlock my phone for 75$ charged to my bill. this should unlock bootloader if not find an asain area with cell phone services they should be able to help and r licensed technicians as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonmhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zombiej79
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Anybody with rogers try this?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

pm2gonzales
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
I called bell and they said they could carrier unlock my phone for 75$ charged to my bill. this should unlock bootloader if not find an asain area with cell phone services they should be able to help and r licensed technicians as well.
Carrier unlock IS NOT bootloader unlock. The ONLY way at the moment to get a guaranteed BL unlockable device, is to get it DIRECTLY from Sony Store (USA). I contacted the few Sony Stores in Canada (GTA area) and many of the people I talked to didn't even know what the BL is so it's not reliable. I got mine off ebay and got the seller to check before I bought it. Only the C6506 variants direct from the Sony Store are likely to have unlockable BL. No technician (unless they work for Sony) will be able to unlock the bootloader.

Also, $75 is WAAAY to much for carrier/SIM unlock. You can probably find it for $20-$40 from a cell unlock website. Cheaper than that if you're lucky.
The Following User Says Thank You to pm2gonzales For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dragonmhawk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
bell was going to unlock my phone and send me a code to unlock the bootloader. so there you go. I talked to them and figured it out. its the carrier who locked the bootloader not sony

pm2gonzales
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
bell was going to unlock my phone and send me a code to unlock the bootloader. so there you go. I talked to them and figured it out. its the carrier who locked the bootloader not sony
That doesn't sound right. If it was that easy to unlock the BL more people would do it, and it would be more known in the community. And I'm pretty sure you can't unlock the BL with just a code. It's an incredibly more complex procedure than that. See http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions. It sounds like they are misleading you to believe it will unlock the bootloader, rather than just SIM unlock. Of course it is the carrier who locks the bootloader, that's why I said the only way to get an unlockable ZL is straight from Sony, who has no carrier branding.

ImWarped
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
I think you're confusing people... the OP is asking for BOOTLOADER unlock, not a carrier unlock, calling Bell (Or any other carrier for that matter) will NEVER solve the problem, it's not the carriers that lock the bootloader, it's SONY. And calling them wont help either, unless it's a developer phone purchased directly through Sony, you won't be able to unlock.

I'm sure with time, some group of diligent Devs will crack the bootloader problem the same way that Revolutionary.IO cracks through S-Off for HTC's

In the interim, you're out of luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to ImWarped For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]