[APP][4.0+] EvolveSMS

OP klinkdawg

13th January 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,746

572 posts
Donate to Me
More

EvolveSMS is a powerful texting replacement app that makes talking to your friends quick, fun and easy! It’s been designed from the bottom up with the newest Android design guidelines in mind to look beautiful and just plain work. Feel completely immersed in the app with a design that flows freely between you, all your friends, and Android.

Main features:
- A beautiful and smooth interface for sliding between conversations so everything is just a swipe away
- Full multimedia support including sending pictures, videos, audio, contacts, GIFs and your location
- A popup that allows you full access to anything in the app and looks great
- Group messaging support
- Full Light Flow support
- 2 different widgets with lockscreen support
- Swipe to delete conversations
- Batch deleting messages
- Archiving messages
- Fully customizable notifications
- Password protection
- Full emoji support (850+ emojis, Android or iOS 7 style)
- And much more

Unlockable with the customization plugin from inside the app:
- 3 theme options: light, dark and black
- 3 different layouts: Evolve, Hangouts, and Classic
- Facebook and Google+ cover photo integration
- Facebook contact photo integration
- Night mode
- Apply addon themes to fully customize every aspect of look in the app

Unlockable with the feature plugin from inside the app:
- More MMS options (locations, GIFs and contacts)
- Message backup through Dropbox
- Private inbox
- Templates
- Scheduled SMS messages
- Personalized mass messages

Play Store Download Link
Youtube Demo
Google+ Beta Page (and more information about the app for those looking for it, I'll also do a lot of support and answering questions here)

Here are two different emoji plugins for you to choose from, download whichever suits you best, install it and never worry about it again!
Android
iOS 7

Full disclosure: The app is completely free to download and enjoy for everyone! There are 2 different in-app purchases to expand on the functionality of the app and help me out with future development… If you like the app, feel free to show it and buy the in-app purchases in the settings menu

One last note: while the app isn't open source, I have put a lot of work into open sourcing a lot of the components on my GitHub. I do this because I wanted to give back to all the developers and users out there that gave me so much and dealt with me while I've been learning everything that I have over the past year! If there's ever anything you wonder about in any of my apps, I'm more than happy to give detailed explainations about the thought process behind it and practices I used to implement it, or put up a code sample when applicable. I really just want to help everyone who has development questions so ask away
The Following 173 Users Say Thank You to klinkdawg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

572 posts
Donate to Me
More
Some screenshots, cause who doesn't love that?

Last edited by klinkdawg; 13th January 2014 at 02:53 PM.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to klinkdawg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

572 posts
Donate to Me
More
And just so everyone knows, me and my bro are releasing a new twitter app today as well, dubbed Talon for Twitter that you will all absolutely love I don't think he has an xda thread up yet, but here is his google+ community for more information! I think I only need to say two words to get you to check it out, push notifications Enjoy both apps and let us know what you think!
Last edited by klinkdawg; 13th January 2014 at 02:56 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to klinkdawg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Looks really nice but none of my existing messages are showing up. Do they need to be imported?
13th January 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

572 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb949

Looks really nice but none of my existing messages are showing up. Do they need to be imported?

no, it reads everything from the default sms database on your phone. if they show in any other third party apps (sliding messaging, handcent, go sms, chomp, textra, etc) then they will show here.
13th January 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Iaşi
Thanks Meter: 437

461 posts
Donate to Me
More
This app it's amazing, searched a long time for an app like this, it has everything a SMS app needs and it's very handy. Keep up the good work, i will buy pro features for sure!

EDIT: Strange...now seems to work ( it seems was something related to number format for the messages imported ). Nevermind
Last edited by AlkaDragos; 13th January 2014 at 06:40 PM.
13th January 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 947

603 posts
More
The only third-party messaging app I'm gonna install. Love the UI
The Following User Says Thank You to rharshit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #8  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,479

6,182 posts
More
Is this meant as an evolution of Sliding Messaging? Won't the 2 apps kind of step on each other in terms of function?
13th January 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkdawg

no, it reads everything from the default sms database on your phone. if they show in any other third party apps (sliding messaging, handcent, go sms, chomp, textra, etc) then they will show here.

Thanks. User error on my part, it's all working now. I really do like the look of this app. I've been on Textra for a while, but I'll see how this goes.
13th January 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 109

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Love the UI.

Some suggestions :

- First time I installed the iOS7 Emoji plugin, EvolveSMS crashed when I touched the smiley icon (sent you a report). I relaunched the app, and in the conversation I was, the contact name and number was "0", with no picture displayed.
- The only reason I would not use your app (for now) is the privacy setting : I want to hide only the message, not the contact name.

I'm sure someday I will uninstall my current SMS app for EvolveSMS, and I'm really waiting for this day...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread