[Guide] Know your Device: Galaxy Ace GT-S5830/L/B/T | Root, Odin, CWM, ROM List & More...
The Samsung Galaxy Ace (also known as Samsung Galaxy Cooper in some territories) is a smartphone manufactured by Samsung that runs the open source Android operating system. Announced and released by Samsung in 2011, the Galaxy Ace features an 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor with the Adreno 200 GPU.
The Galaxy Ace is a 3.5G smartphone, offering quad-band GSM and announced with two-band HSDPA (900/2100) at 7.2 Mbit/s. The display is a 3.5 inch TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with its protection by a Gorilla Glass and has HVGA (320x480) resolution. There is also a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, capable of recording videos at QVGA (320x240) resolution and VGA (640x480) resolution with the Gingerbread update, and a 1350 mAh Li-Ion battery.
Device Name : Samsung Galaxy Ace
Manufacturer : Samsung Electronics
Series : Galaxy
Model : GT-S5830
Networks : 3G 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; 3.5G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps 900/2100 MHz
First released : UK March 1, 2011
Type : Smartphone
Form factor : Slate
Dimensions : 112.4 mm (4.43 in) H, 59.9 mm (2.36 in) W, 11.5 mm (0.45 in) D
Weight : 113 g
OS : Android v2.3.6 (Gingerbread) unofficially upgradable to ICS, JB & KitKat via CyanogenMod and other AOSP Builds
CPU : 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227-1 Turbo, ARMv6
GPU : Adreno 200 GPU
Memory : 384 MB RAM (accessible: 278 MB)
Storage : 512 MB (accessible: 180 MB)
Removable storage : microSD up to 32 GB
Battery : 1350 mAh, 5.0 Wh, 3.7 V, internal rechargeable Li-ion, user replaceable
Data inputs : Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen, Accelerometer, A-GPS, Digital compass,
Proximity sensor, Push buttons, Capacitive touch-sensitive buttons
Display : TFT LCD, 3.5 in (89 mm) diagonal. 320×480 pixels HVGA (165 ppi) with Gorilla Glass 16M colors
Camera : 5-Mpx 2560×1920 max, 2x digital zoom, autofocus, LED flash,
VGA video recording 640×480 pixels MPEG4 at 30 FPS
Connectivity : 3.5 mm jack, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, DLNA, Stereo FM radio with RDS, Micro-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
SAR : 0.84 W/kg
Compare Old Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 & New Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i
Download: Home + Volume(-) + Power
Recovery: Home + Power
How to install Stock Firmware?
Be Careful while Flashing via Odin!
- Do not turnoff / Remove USB Cable while flashing.
- Flash Correct Firmware File; otherwise your device may become HARD BRICK means DEAD!
- Read Flashing Instructions Carefully.
- A PC or Laptop with Windows Operating System.
- Usb Cable for Galaxy Ace.
- Odin Multi Downloader. Odin for GT-S5830+OPS.zip (Dev-Host, 462 KB)
- Cooper.ops file for Odin
- Stock Firmware for your region. (Don't miss understand with GT-S5830i model, Our device is GT-S5830)
- Firmware archive for GT-S5830
- Or Get it from this website.
- Samsung Drivers for PC. Setup for Compiled Driver Disk (Samsung).exe (Dev-Host, 12.5 MB)
- Install Samsung Drivers.
- Extract Stock firmware zip file to get the .tar.md5 file named like "S5830XWKTM........"
- Extract "Odin for GT-S5830+OPS.zip" with WinRar, 7Zip or Windows zip file utility.
- Power off your Phone.
- Get into "Download mode" by pressing Home + Vol(-) + Power Keys.
- Open Odin_Multi_Downloader.exe
- Connect your phone to pc via USB cable.
- Make sure that your phone is detected in "Com Port Maping" area (YELLOW Color)
- Step:1 - Press "Select Ops" button and choose Cooper.ops file along with the Odin_Multi_Downloader.exe
- Step:2 - Check "One Package" tick.
- Step:3 - Press "One Package" button and choose the firmware file xxxx.tar.md5
- Step:4 - Press "Start" button under Execution.
- Wait for some time... The flashing may take about 4 min - 5 min. The Phone will be auto rebooted after successfull flasing.
- Remove the USB Cable.
- If you are facing boot loop after flashing completed on Odin, you have to go to Stock Recovery (Home+Power Key combination) and select wipe data/factory reset.
How to install ClockworkMod Recovery?
- Download and Copy CWM 184.108.40.206-Cooper.zip (Dev-Host, 5.42 MB) to SD Card
- Power off your Galaxy Ace
- Get into recovery mode by pressing Home+Power Keys.
- Choose "apply update from sdcard"
- Select "CWM 220.127.116.11-Cooper.zip" and confirm the action.
- Reboot system now
- Again go to recovery mode by pressing Home+Power Keys.
- Now you are successfully installed CWM!
Want to Remove unnecessary stock apps? Wan't to install extra Fonts? Copy and Replace System apps?
For that you need to ROOT your Phone.
Benefits of Rooting Android Phones - Article by Taimur Akmal
Remember, Rooting will void your warranty. So If you are on warranty period, Don't do it!
How to ROOT your Galaxy Ace? (2.3.x)
- Download and Copy Root_Cooper.zip (Dev-Host, 1.76 MB) to SD Card.
- Power off your Galaxy Ace
- Get into CWM recovery mode by pressing Home+Power Keys.
- Choose "install zip from sdcard"
- Select "Root_Cooper.zip" and confirm the action.
- Reboot system now.
- Now your Phone is Rooted!, Enjoy Modding!
Use Root Browser Free or Rhythm File Manager for best root file access.