[ROM][4.4][Official] Team Gummy xt925/926

Search This thread

djuniah

Jul 10, 2010
Philadelphia
the best thing we can do is tell dhacker on twiter i already tweeted him got no reply this is his twitter https://twitter.com/dhacker29

Ok, i've got it connected and I have data. I went into the router and reserved an IP for it (via the MAC listed in the advanced wifi settings) and then set that wifi to use the same static IP. Not really ideal, but it works for now.

EDIT: To add more info, i looked at the logcat initially. I had noticed that it was getting a DHCP timeout error. So it looks like something is amiss with the initial DHCP request/response. Since DHCP is responsible for handing out IP addresses, i just manually reserved one for my phone's MAC address in the router, then on the phone told it to use that IP when connecting to my wifi. As long as you have access to the router, it shouldn't be that hard to do for now until it gets fixed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY​

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Theme Manager
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Lock Screen Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Background Style
    * Lock clock widget

Instructions for installations:
    **Use whatever recovery, so long as it's 4.4 compatible**
    1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

* Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    * Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    * androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    arrrghhh, Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker29, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- review.gummyrom.com

Twitter- @gummyRom

Nightlies!
    So do I flash the aosp kernel or cm 11kernel since it says aosp based ? Thanks bud !!

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

CM kernel, that's what is being used for the 'stock' kernel in this ROM.
    I haven't found a change log yet. I haven't had any random reboots. The ROM seems pretty stable. I flashed 7/27 today and wifi is fine. I did try GPS though and had the same problems as with CM11. I can get a fix but not use it for navigation. Also, Gummy has the same radio strength issues as CM.

I haven't had any GPS issues with CM11 at all. What issues are people having? I don't use Google Maps as my navigation tool. I have CoPilot which has offline maps and it works fine. In fact, I've always had issues with Google Maps navigation in that when it tells me to turn, it's fine but the map is always a second or two behind. After I've turned, the map still shows me on the main road before the turn, then a second or two after I've already been on the new road, it finally updates. This has always been an issue for me.

With CoPilot, it's spot on accurate where I'm at it seems, so I've never missed a turn, especially when two roads are very close to one another to turn onto.
    gummy4.4.2.png
    gummy4.4.2_home.png
    Yeah... I noticed that CM's wifi is down too -_-
    Gummy Rom also seems to work better with Xposed when it comes to the nav button customization compared to CM11 from what I've seen

Last time I switched back to Gummy I noticed the updater wasn't working for me though :(

Apparently, that's been broken for quite awhile now. Don't know of any ETA of it getting fixed.