Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To]The Necessity of Ad Blocking & Tips to Avoid TapaTalk, Maxthon HD Browser apk

Tip us?

aviwdoowks
Old
(Last edited by aviwdoowks; 19th July 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Default [How To]The Necessity of Ad Blocking & Tips to Avoid TapaTalk, Maxthon HD Browser apk

When you visit XDA on your phone...

Tapatalk limits your view/capabilities too much for me, & lets you be even more of a nOOb!

Xda app is bug ridden.

Ad blocking via a host file or a script like PurePerfomance & the like is a MUST on a any browser on xda! I tried Chrome on bone stock ...94 and it was useless! It would freeze up until all the ad crap was done, not to mention the "This is a Trap..." BS.
Yet WITH ad blocking it is the only browser, I know of, that does complete editing on xda!

Update http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...tness-t2821205

Maxthon HD, its legacy is Miren, is my favorite "display" browser.
Stay close to the Quick access / home to keep freezing to an acceptable rate. When a freeze happens just hold your recent apps key (GravityBox) to kill & restart. Quick access is a customizable favorits/home that defaults when you close all tabs.
Best ( mandatory) settings:
Turn everything off including fetch mode.
Txt size: large to ex large.
Web links display: normal
Open links: open in current is a must. Open in new & set as current is a must for file uploads only (moto x no ULs at all).
Zoom: close.
With the proper settings you can toggle to a edit/upload mode and back to the best forum display mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...browser.tablet
Not to be confused with the non tablet version or the Pioneer version which are useless! The pioneer is really very nice & perhaps less buggy than hd, but cut & paste do not work!

Also choose the 2010 style/theme at the lower left.

P M notifications are turned off by default.

Choose user cp > edit options > forum display > linear newest, so you do not have to press that tiny little arrow to get the latest post. I use the forum display changer to go another mode to view the op on a long thread.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.mx.browser.tablet-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.72 MB, 42 views)
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

aviwdoowks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
I was on my Wife's m to DL this wonderful cam http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2427015 . Her m is unrooted. What a frustrating experience! If I were demo'ing out the same at a vzw store, I would think what a POS!
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2

My Moto X / Ultra links

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

buschris
Old
Thanks Meter 24
what's wrong with tapatalk?
Verizon Moto X x1060 non-dev edition unlocked bootloader 4.4.4

aviwdoowks
Old
(Last edited by aviwdoowks; 22nd April 2014 at 07:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschris View Post
what's wrong with tapatalk?
It limits your view of what is on the forum.
How do you jump to other phone forums? With a browser compact view of forums is easy. I could go on but try Marathon HD. The customizable quick access (their version of favorites) default home page is so handy!
BTW I never use fetch mode. It causes freezing on xda.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2

My Moto X / Ultra links