FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

4.3 for AT&T Galaxy S4 Active finally here

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By delphimon, Junior Member on 14th January 2014, 04:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am downloading the 722 MB update over OTA right now. Check for software updates in system settings.
 
 
14th January 2014, 05:02 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
root
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphimon

I am downloading the 722 MB update over OTA right now. Check for software updates in system settings.

did you have your phone rooted? I can´t get the update, I get "There is no updates available for your device at the moment".
14th January 2014, 05:14 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jla2024

did you have your phone rooted? I can´t get the update, I get "There is no updates available for your device at the moment".

No, the phone has never been rooted. Running stock MF3 with no changes. Checked for update and it was there (still downloading).
14th January 2014, 06:04 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphimon

No, the phone has never been rooted. Running stock MF3 with no changes. Checked for update and it was there (still downloading).

My phone is rooted and it showed up!!!
14th January 2014, 06:31 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Finished installing. 4.3 I537UCUBML2 confirmed
14th January 2014, 06:39 PM |#6  
xtc218's Avatar
Member
Flag GUADALAJARA
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Unhappy
how i can install this rom on mi s4 active carrier Telcel

someone who can upload some zip to flash or créate .tar file
14th January 2014, 07:04 PM |#7  
htcman724's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
ok so i got the update to download then went to intall and it came up that the update was interrupted could that be because of having rooted my phone?
14th January 2014, 07:11 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 497
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724

ok so i got the update to download then went to intall and it came up that the update was interrupted could that be because of having rooted my phone?

Can somebody pull the update file off their phone for the rest of the community? You have to do this before you install update. Basically what the phone does is download the update to a temporary directory on your phone and then installs the update. Once updated the phone then deletes the update file.
  1. Your phone will download the update file.
  2. It will ask you to install the update, DON'T press Cancel and DON'T press Update, instead hit the home button (don't worry it will ask you again later).
  3. Open your root file manager, go up to the root directory and go to /cache/fota/ and copy the zip file from your phone to your computer. This zip file is the update file.
  4. Upload the file and post the link for the community
  5. Wallow in all the "Thanks" you will receive

IMPORTANT: You must grab the update file before your phone updates or the file will be deleted.

EDIT: Information about copying the update file can be found in this post by @thatbigmoose
Last edited by Devo7v; 14th January 2014 at 07:16 PM.
14th January 2014, 07:24 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724

ok so i got the update to download then went to intall and it came up that the update was interrupted could that be because of having rooted my phone?

Had the same problem. Do I have to return to stock and un-root to install the update?
14th January 2014, 08:02 PM |#10  
htcman724's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Can somebody pull the update file off their phone for the rest of the community? You have to do this before you install update. Basically what the phone does is download the update to a temporary directory on your phone and then installs the update. Once updated the phone then deletes the update file.

  1. Your phone will download the update file.
  2. It will ask you to install the update, DON'T press Cancel and DON'T press Update, instead hit the home button (don't worry it will ask you again later).
  3. Open your root file manager, go up to the root directory and go to /cache/fota/ and copy the zip file from your phone to your computer. This zip file is the update file.
  4. Upload the file and post the link for the community
  5. Wallow in all the "Thanks" you will receive

IMPORTANT: You must grab the update file before your phone updates or the file will be deleted.


EDIT: Information about copying the update file can be found in this post by @thatbigmoose



im redownloading it now as soon as its done i'll upload it
The Following User Says Thank You to htcman724 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 08:03 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treystegall

Had the same problem. Do I have to return to stock and un-root to install the update?

I had the same problem, as well. Went through download, then restarted. Seemed to restart overly quickly, then saw that I was still on 4.2.2. Is there a log file somewhere that I can look at?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes