Thanks Meter 153
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Originally Posted by htcman724
ok so i got the update to download then went to intall and it came up that the update was interrupted could that be because of having rooted my phone?
Can somebody pull the update file off their phone for the rest of the community? You have to do this before you install update. Basically what the phone does is download the update to a temporary directory on your phone and then installs the update. Once updated the phone then deletes the update file.
- Your phone will download the update file.
- It will ask you to install the update, DON'T press Cancel and DON'T press Update, instead hit the home button (don't worry it will ask you again later).
- Open your root file manager, go up to the root directory and go to /cache/fota/ and copy the zip file from your phone to your computer. This zip file is the update file.
- Upload the file and post the link for the community
- Wallow in all the "Thanks" you will receive
IMPORTANT: You must grab the update file before your phone updates or the file will be deleted.
EDIT: Information about copying the update file can be found in this post