Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Development for the LG G2 from videoton/WIND D801V11B

Tip us?

h00k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Development for the LG G2 from videoton/WIND D801V11B

Hi all, I have a LG G2 from Videotron model LG-D801, variant D801V11B. I pretty sure it is the same model for WIND user. I got it rooted with the chinese method. I did not find any TWRP image for this device so I tried some and finally got it working with the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-g2rog.img, every other image/version i tried put me in a black screen with white character saying something like: [760] Fastboot mode started \n[800] udc_start(). I think I tried every version i could find up to 2.6.3.7.

Now each time I try to install a custom rom on my device i get this error: error executing updater binary... And it seems that I am unable to find any custom roms that was developed for my phone. I was wondering if a section could be made for the canadian version of this phone and if someone could help me put a custom roms on it. Ho i wish I could put paranoid android or hellfire kitkat on it tired of the stock rom

Thanks in advance

victorbrca
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Same here... I'm stuck in fasboot mode with access to CWRM from D803. I can install a modified version of CM11, but after boot it goes back to fastboot. All other ROMs I tried so far fail.
Phones
. Note 3 (N900W8) with stock ROM (rooted) and Xposed - Current phone
. LG G2 Wind (D801/D803) Stock (previously SlimKat build 6) - Selling
. GS3 (d2tmo) with Pacman - Sold
. Nexus S (GT-I9020A) with CM11 - Sold

Tablets
. Nexus 7 2013 with stock ROM (rooted) and Xposed
. GT-P1000 with CM10

Linux Blog
http://wazem.blogspot.ca/

h00k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anybody successfully flashed a 4.4.X rom on this variant ?

victorbrca
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by h00k View Post
Anybody successfully flashed a 4.4.X rom on this variant ?
Please check this thread before you do anything... It will save you a lot of headache.

[Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development
Phones
. Note 3 (N900W8) with stock ROM (rooted) and Xposed - Current phone
. LG G2 Wind (D801/D803) Stock (previously SlimKat build 6) - Selling
. GS3 (d2tmo) with Pacman - Sold
. Nexus S (GT-I9020A) with CM11 - Sold

Tablets
. Nexus 7 2013 with stock ROM (rooted) and Xposed
. GT-P1000 with CM10

Linux Blog
http://wazem.blogspot.ca/

angel7501@live.com
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Hi all, I have a LG G2 from Videotron model LG-D801, variant D801V11B. I pretty sure it is the same model for WIND user. I got it rooted with the chinese method. I did not find any TWRP image for this device so I tried some and finally got it working with the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-g2rog.img, every other image/version i tried put me in a black screen with white character saying something like: [760] Fastboot mode started \n[800] udc_start(). I think I tried every version i could find up to 2.6.3.7.

Now each time I try to install a custom rom on my device i get this error: error executing updater binary... And it seems that I am unable to find any custom roms that was developed for my phone. I was wondering if a section could be made for the canadian version of this phone and if someone could help me put a custom roms on it. Ho i wish I could put paranoid android or hellfire kitkat on it tired of the stock rom

Thanks in advance
Got here late but better late than never. In theory D801 is a D803, and every d803 rom should work on it. Paranoid has a version for d803 that has worked pretty well on my phone but I wouldnt recommend it. There is a workaround for installing d802 roms on this phone by changing the updater script and afterwards flashing a d803 kernel.

I could make you a zip with any d802 rom (cm11, aokp, probam, etc) that could work on your phone without flashing any additional files. Just tell me what rom you prefer and what kernel and done
Devices:
-LG G2
-iPhone 4S
-Nexus 5

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432
Quote:

Thanks in advance
If I am correct currently you are running 2.6.3.2 and are trying to flash a kk based aosp Rom well the problem is the recovery it won't flash it because it's before the kk binary, the only way to be able to flash the Rom is to find twrp 2.6.3.3 or higher

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

zakihabibi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I need your help

hi, i have an lg g2 from wind and it says its a d801 but all the roms dont work.
could you tell me which kernel and rom i am supposed to download

ahilliard
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakihabibi View Post
hi, i have an lg g2 from wind and it says its a d801 but all the roms dont work.
could you tell me which kernel and rom i am supposed to download
Your "D801" is really a D803. Use the tools in this thread.

Tags
d801 canada, lg g2, rom, twrp 2.6.0.0, videotron