Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lockscreen problem in Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Samsung galaxy s3 GT-i9300)

Tip us?

Nimschau
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lockscreen problem in Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Samsung galaxy s3 GT-i9300)

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from Cyanogenmod 10.1 to the latest Cyanogenmod 10.2-20130923 Nightly version and I am facing a problem with the lockscreen.

The lock screen has disappeared and the phone just won't lock. This problem has only happened after updating to the Android 4.3 via Cyanogenmod ROM. I have put the security option as well and tried every possible combination but it just won't show up. Even after setting up the PIN security the phone is still unlocked and it just opens in the homescreen after pressing power or home button.

Please give me a solution to this problem. All the other things seems to work fine.Has any one else faced the same problem?

Thanks,
Nimish

tapiov
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have exactly same problem with 20130926 on jfltexx. Trying to solve it now.

tapiov
Old
Thanks Meter 13
See this:

There's a lock screen activation button on the quick settings (tiles that come down swiping down on the right side of the screen). It needs to be activated for lock screen to be active.

On logcat, this will only show as:

09-27 14:54:51.290 I/WindowManager( 716): No lock screen!

Either turn that button on, or add that button from settings and turn it on.
The Following User Says Thank You to tapiov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebballkid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapiov View Post
See this:

There's a lock screen activation button on the quick settings (tiles that come down swiping down on the right side of the screen). It needs to be activated for lock screen to be active.

On logcat, this will only show as:

09-27 14:54:51.290 I/WindowManager( 716): No lock screen!

Either turn that button on, or add that button from settings and turn it on.
This still didn't fix the problem for me. Anyone else have any ideas? I tried changing the lock types but that had no effect either.

mrcooms
Old
(Last edited by mrcooms; 1st October 2013 at 03:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebballkid View Post
This still didn't fix the problem for me. Anyone else have any ideas? I tried changing the lock types but that had no effect either.
I was having the same problem, rebooted and it is now locking.

EDIT: Will work for a little while after rebooting and then goes back to not working.

flyerx01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same

I also have the same issue where lock screen just stops engaging. It will work fine after a reboot but after a few hours it just stops locking.

unteagle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This has been happening to me as well, and I just reboot whenever it happens. But, the strange thing is that I've noticed that whenever my phone reboots, I'll usually have a notification for app updates to download. I don't know if there is a correlation between the two things, but it just seems to happen too regularly for it to be a total coincidence. Anyone else have this happen?

fractos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same problem on S3 i9305 LTE

Using CM 10.2 nightly 20131020.

Lock screen fails to appear on power button after working fine all day.
Reboot fixed it last time, but two reboots later tonight and it is still not appearing.
- "Power button instantly locks" option is ticked,
- pattern lock selected,
- auto lock after sleep set to immediate.
- PowerAmp lock screen is enabled but skips pattern lock on unlock request,
though sometimes it doesn't go into locked mode at all.
I've tried with PowerAmp lock screen completely disabled and also with the Android lock screen option ticked. No joy.
Similarly, I've tried adding the Lock Screen item to the Settings tiles and had no luck with that either.

Hope this is getting fixed soon...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Interesting. I just upgraded to CM 10.2 nightly 20131024.

Had the same problem from first boot into that build.

I had Tasker running with a profile that is keyed to my house's WiFi SSID. I disabled Tasker but saw the same problem.

On a hunch, I disabled WiFi and a few seconds later I heard the little 'snict' noise of the lock working, followed by the lock screen kicking in. I've re-enabled WiFi and the screen is locking fine now.

Maybe some interaction with a Tasker profile with a WiFi context and keeps device open even if Tasker is disabled as it can still see the same WiFi SSID ?

Digging a little deeper, I was experimenting with Tasker and its only action is to produce an Alert saying "Home" if it sees my WiFi. Critically, the Action has "Show Over Keyguard" ticked. I've just gone through the process of unticking that option, saving the Action, exiting Tasker, dropping and re-enabling WiFi, (so now Lock screen works), and then rebooting (which causes the Tasker Action to create an alert), and the lock screen is working fine now.

So, kind of looks like going anywhere near that option in Tasker will balls up how the lock screen works, and will stick around even after Tasker has exited unless the criteria it is keyed on changes (i.e. the WiFi state).

Hope that helps someone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractos View Post

Reboot fixed it last time, but two reboots later tonight and it is still not appearing.
- pattern lock selected,
I've tried with PowerAmp lock screen completely disabled and also with the Android lock screen option ticked. No joy.
Similarly, I've tried adding the Lock Screen item to the Settings tiles and had no luck with that either.

The Following User Says Thank You to fractos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

david.livingstone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks!

Thank-you - this helped me today!

Couldn't for the life of me figure out why the lockscreen would stop working. I had an exit task on a Tasker profile with an Action where the "Show Over Keyguard" was on. Turning that to off solved the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractos View Post

- pattern lock selected,

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Interesting. I just upgraded to CM 10.2 nightly 20131024.

Had the same problem from first boot into that build.

I had Tasker running with a profile that is keyed to my house's WiFi SSID. I disabled Tasker but saw the same problem.

On a hunch, I disabled WiFi and a few seconds later I heard the little 'snict' noise of the lock working, followed by the lock screen kicking in. I've re-enabled WiFi and the screen is locking fine now.

Maybe some interaction with a Tasker profile with a WiFi context and keeps device open even if Tasker is disabled as it can still see the same WiFi SSID ?

Digging a little deeper, I was experimenting with Tasker and its only action is to produce an Alert saying "Home" if it sees my WiFi. Critically, the Action has "Show Over Keyguard" ticked. I've just gone through the process of unticking that option, saving the Action, exiting Tasker, dropping and re-enabling WiFi, (so now Lock screen works), and then rebooting (which causes the Tasker Action to create an alert), and the lock screen is working fine now.

So, kind of looks like going anywhere near that option in Tasker will balls up how the lock screen works, and will stick around even after Tasker has exited unless the criteria it is keyed on changes (i.e. the WiFi state).

Hope that helps someone!

Skurvy_Pirate
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Same here. Had a Tasker task that was checked to show over keyguard (which I wanted). Unchecked that and the lockscreen has continued to work. Is this a bug with Tasker or CM?