XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UMI Cross C1 ROM maybe?

Tip us?

le grande magnetto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1171
Default UMI Cross C1 ROM maybe?

Hi every one, I bought Umi Cross C1 cellphone from china shop and i have some problems, because there is installed Yun Os software, so I want to change it like in this video? Is it possible? Please help I dont want to use YunOs because I dont understand Chinese language and want to use googleplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Ef_cK_oeg

I would like you to gimme detailed guide how to root this device and else or direct me where I may find it.

Xperia SP 5303 BLACK - rooted,
eXistenZ Ultra 3.3.0

Xperia LWW - sold.

pezastic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by le grande magnetto View Post
Hi every one, I bouesn't work asght Umi Cross C1 cellphone from china shop and i have some problems, because there is installed Yun Os software, so I want to change it like in this video? Is it possible? Please help I dont want to use YunOs because I dont understand Chinese language and want to use googleplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Ef_cK_oeg

I would like you to gimme detailed guide how to root this device and else or direct me where I may find it.
I want a rom that fixes the gps on the cross c1. It doesn't work on the one I was sent.

Ferg8080
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have ordered the UMI Cross / C1 from iShoppstore and am expecting delivery just after Christmas. I am aware the problems people have had with the Chinese smartphones regarding the Wifi and GPS connectivity but I believe for the most part these are fixable and have been documented elsewhere. So it is with interest that I await to see what problems I will have with mine. I did see some newspaper article that UMI were going to start selling their smartphones in the UK.... http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/bu...-29610580.html Not sure if this article is to be taken seriously though.
It would be nice to get the KitKat upgrade for this model though I doubt this will happen any time soon. I am very curious if you have resolved the issues you had with the Cross. Can you let me know how its going for you and what problems you've had as I'm sure my phone will be the same.
Cheers
Now a Sony Xperia Z Ultra owner

UMI CROSS Smartphone PHABLET, MTK6589T Cortex A7 Quad Core, 2Gb Ram and 32Gb of internal memory.
Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) N O W B R O K E N
Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 7.5-Weekly-612 (Best ROM to date, love it)
Android v4.2.2
Clockworkmod Recovery - Philz

pezastic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The GPS is really finicky. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. But, it never has worked throughout a complete trip of more than 10 minutes. I've had several other smartphones before this, some from China, and never had a GPS problem before. I guess it's just my time to experience what others warned me about. Still, I'm hopeful that a rom will be put out in the future that will resolve the GPS problem.

Ferg8080
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm finding the screen is not evenly lit but for me this is not a problem unless I look for it and most of the time you only notice it on a white screen. On Christmas day I spoke to my family using skype using the front facing camera over wifi and it worked flawlessly. Later on we did a test comparing the Sammy S3 and prev gen iPad front facing cameras and the C1 was definitely better. Tested bluetooth to link to home stereo briefly to play music on device, absolutely no problems. There is supposed to be a Yamaha sound chip but I can't make up my mind whether sound is better compared to my Note 1 when playing MP3s.
Call quality is better than my now broken Note 1 for sure and the 2G and 3G I really can't fault. Used the 3G quiet a bit on Christmas day as the house we were visiting did not have wifi and with the exception of some periods downloads were really pretty good. Haven't tested the GPS enough to pass a fair verdict. I did use it when I first got it and it jumped around a bit in Gmaps but I wonder if that was down to the fact I had put my 3G sim in the wrong slot so had no mobile broadband
Finding the phone is quiet slippery and the size adds to the problem so am eagerly awaiting a silicone cover for it. One thing I've noticed is when I turn the phone on the pattern unlock screen is a bit sluggish and I have to re-enter to unlock.
Anyone found any english manuals for this phone?

UMI CROSS Smartphone PHABLET, MTK6589T Cortex A7 Quad Core, 2Gb Ram and 32Gb of internal memory.
Android 4.2.1

Android v4.2.2

rusty4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default UMI CROSS

Using this phone since last week, build is just enough, nothing to impress neither to disgrace. I tested this phone for 2 days on stock rom, on stock ROM everything is working as it should but I do have doubts about wifi regarding link dropping. sometimes blurry camera, and just before I made my mind to switch to custom ROM, I did observed some random reboots. then I switched to LEWA OS 5. used it for another 2 days, NFC gone, blurry camera, Large icons. Finally I flashed MIUI, working great since then, still no NFC though. camera a bit improved(I rarely use mobile camera). after using Xposed modules=>app setting with per app dpi. results are impressive. this app really justifies the big screen and gives that most required tablet ui feel to apps. even some battery calibration issues are there, battery still produce awesome results throughout all ROMs. with heavy very usage battery lasted for atleast a day.
Galaxy spica i5700->spice mi270->Motorola Defy->spice mi350->sony xperia x10 mini->Karbonn A9->Pantech Burst P9070-+MMX a110->Galaxy Note N7000+iphone 3GS@untethered jailbroken 6.1.3 + UMI Cross on MIUI

Ferg8080
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty4ever View Post
Using this phone since last week, build is just enough, nothing to impress neither to disgrace. I tested this phone for 2 days on stock rom, on stock ROM everything is working as it should but I do have doubts about wifi regarding link dropping. sometimes blurry camera, and just before I made my mind to switch to custom ROM, I did observed some random reboots. then I switched to LEWA OS 5. used it for another 2 days, NFC gone, blurry camera, Large icons. Finally I flashed MIUI, working great since then, still no NFC though. camera a bit improved(I rarely use mobile camera). after using Xposed modules=>app setting with per app dpi. results are impressive. this app really justifies the big screen and gives that most required tablet ui feel to apps. even some battery calibration issues are there, battery still produce awesome results throughout all ROMs. with heavy very usage battery lasted for atleast a day.
Not had any problems at all with Wifi or random rebooting, so maybe I'm just lucky. How does the NFC work is there an app on the phone to use it? Camera in low light is not good at all but a software upgrade should solve that. Will have to have a look at the Xposed Additions in the app store, wasn't aware of it before. Do you have a link for the MIUI rom for the Cross C1?

Overall I have to say I'm happy with the phone too and that big screen is great!

Android 4.2.1

Android v4.2.2

rusty4ever
Old
(Last edited by rusty4ever; 2nd January 2014 at 12:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg8080 View Post
Not had any problems at all with Wifi or random rebooting, so maybe I'm just lucky. How does the NFC work is there an app on the phone to use it? Camera in low light is not good at all but a software upgrade should solve that. Will have to have a look at the Xposed Additions in the app store, wasn't aware of it before. Do you have a link for the MIUI rom for the Cross C1?

Overall I have to say I'm happy with the phone too and that big screen is great!
NFC works great but on stock, you can use trigger app. MIUI for c1 don't support NFC for now, as far as WiFi I am not confirm with issue..it may or may not be there..random rebooting started after connecting USB. But solved later by new ROM, camera is real let off for the phone. It may get better by ROM upgrade.
Use needrom for miui ROM with CTR recovery, and xposed 2.4.1, it worked for me...

About size, no one really notices the odd size of the phone. That's does qualify for nice design...

Overall its great for those who want phablet tablet in between.

Sent from my UMI C1 using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy spica i5700->spice mi270->Motorola Defy->spice mi350->sony xperia x10 mini->Karbonn A9->Pantech Burst P9070-+MMX a110->Galaxy Note N7000+iphone 3GS@untethered jailbroken 6.1.3 + UMI Cross on MIUI

Ferg8080
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty4ever View Post
NFC works great but on stock, you can use trigger app. MIUI for c1 don't support NFC for now, as far as WiFi I am not confirm with issue..it may or may not be there..random rebooting started after connecting USB. But solved later by new ROM, camera is real let off for the phone. It may get better by ROM upgrade.
Use needrom for miui ROM with CTR recovery, and xposed 2.4.1, it worked for me...

About size, no one really notices the odd size of the phone. That's does qualify for nice design...

Overall its great for those who want phablet tablet in between.

Sent from my UMI C1 using Tapatalk 2
Have you tried this rom and if so would like to know what you think. I imagine its as efficient as the MIUI5. Can you resize the icons on MIUI5 or can you use Nova launcher to do that. Would like to give the MIUI5 a go but will wait until I come back after holiday as I've more or less got my stock phone the way I want it and everything is working fine. Like you said I don't think the stock rom is very efficient but its fine for now.

Android 4.2.1

Android v4.2.2

teamick5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi everyone. I received this phone in Ireland yesterday from antelife.com,(they have a bad rep, but are UMI official resellers and I had no problem with my order). I have rooted and kept the stock rom, and installed a custom recovery from needrom.com. I also installed xposed and gravity box. I have had no problems other than 3 times now my screen has gone haywire registering rapid phantom screen presses. Battery pulling is the only way to solve this temporarily. Has anyone else got this problem? Also how do we go about setting up an XDA section for our phone?

Thanks,
Teamick5

Tags
chinese, umi, umi cross c1, yun, yunos