Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need helping installing cyanogenmod on Virgin gs3

Tip us?
 
ChipTuneBoy
Old
#1  
ChipTuneBoy's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 41
Join Date: Oct 2012
Angry [Q] Need helping installing cyanogenmod on Virgin gs3

I have a galaxy s3 from virgin SPH-L710
I already have rootm su and a custom recovery
I have the latest cyanogen rom (stable) and the correct gapps


When I try to flash the rom it gives me some errors. I believe it's because it's for sprint, but there is no virgin specific rom files. So how do I go about converting this rom to be compatible for my virgin SPH-L710??
 
ChipTuneBoy
Old
#2  
ChipTuneBoy's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 41
Join Date: Oct 2012
hello?
 
Mr. Struck
Old
#3  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 395
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipTuneBoy View Post
I have a galaxy s3 from virgin SPH-L710
I already have rootm su and a custom recovery
I have the latest cyanogen rom (stable) and the correct gapps


When I try to flash the rom it gives me some errors. I believe it's because it's for sprint, but there is no virgin specific rom files. So how do I go about converting this rom to be compatible for my virgin SPH-L710??
http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...obile-use.html

This is a tutorial I put together for VM users on Android Forums. It should answer all your questions and then some.
 
ChipTuneBoy
Old
#4  
ChipTuneBoy's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 41
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...obile-use.html

This is a tutorial I put together for VM users on Android Forums. It should answer all your questions and then some.
any chance you can make a shorter version for those of us that already have a custom recovery/root?

I simply want to know what to do to be able to install cyanogen mod using my custom recovery...

This is like 30 pages worth of stuff...
 
Mr. Struck
Old
#5  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 395
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipTuneBoy View Post
any chance you can make a shorter version for those of us that already have a custom recovery/root?

I simply want to know what to do to be able to install cyanogen mod using my custom recovery...

This is like 30 pages worth of stuff...
You only need the op of the tutorial. I don't know where you're getting thirty pages from.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Prevent Apps from Locking Screen Orientation with HaveOwnOrientation

Most applications on Android play nicely with both landscape and … more

Create Your Own Launcher with HTMLauncher

There are hundreds of launcher replacement applications available for Android. Most of them are … more

First ROMs Appear for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

TheNvidia Shield Tablethas only been available for a little over a month. In that short time, … more

How to Root the LG G Watch – XDA Developer TV

In this episode, XDA Developer TV Producer RootJunky Tom shows you how to root and unlock … more