Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Third replacement from Verizon incoming

15th January 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

75 posts
My phone had really bad screen burn in, asked for a replacement under warranty.

The replacement apparently had a motherboard defect, eventually not recognizing the battery and all sorts of other crazy behavior.

The second replacement has a dent in the glass (not crack), and under that dent are some black ghost images that look like crack lines. As if someone cracked their screen and Verizon never replaced the digitizer/Amoled panel, just the glass.

I'm worried this will get worse, and then Verizon will claim I did it and that it voided the warranty. So I'll send this one back too.

Let's see how many replacements I can go through before one works how I want it to.
16th January 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  

71 posts
I got into the habit of taking my sealed refurbished phones with me to my bored Verizon corporate store and opening them with the manager. We both got some laughs at the utter crap they send out. I never wanted blamed for their mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
16th January 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

60 posts
More
You can of course ask to recive a new and not a refurbished one. I had an issue with the charge port not accepting the cords so I called they sent a refurbished with the same issue so I called again and asked for a new phone not a refurbished as I already had issues, and they sent me a brand new one. It never hurts to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord_Tardis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Tardis

You can of course ask to recive a new and not a refurbished one. I had an issue with the charge port not accepting the cords so I called they sent a refurbished with the same issue so I called again and asked for a new phone not a refurbished as I already had issues, and they sent me a brand new one. It never hurts to ask.

I agree, at this point I would pretty much demand a new phone after you've already received 2 bad refurbs.
18th January 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 172

864 posts
More
I got some horrible replacements sent to me when I had a Galaxy Nexus...I think 5 altogether (I then demanded to be sent an s3, and they actually agreed). I even had a replacement s3 sent to me that lasted for all of two hours before the backlight died. I never got a new phone sent to even though I asked multiple times... But you never know until you ask.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Last edited by thesoldier; 18th January 2014 at 04:06 AM.
20th January 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeladdiction

I agree, at this point I would pretty much demand a new phone after you've already received 2 bad refurbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoldier

I got some horrible replacements sent to me when I had a Galaxy Nexus...I think 5 altogether (I then demanded to be sent an s3, and they actually agreed). I even had a replacement s3 sent to me that lasted for all of two hours before the backlight died. I never got a new phone sent to even though I asked multiple times... But you never know until you ask.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I wish I would have done this! I received the third replacement today, and it's "STA" date on the back is 1/11/2014.

Unfortunately it has 4.3 already installed on it. So only possibly root for me.

I thought it would be new because of that date, but I did a screen test, and it still isn't a new phone, there are dark artifacts. Testing everything out right now to make sure its ok.
20th January 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Arvada Colorado
Thanks Meter: 307

1,089 posts
More
after the third swap theyll give you a diffrent phone if you ask
20th January 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #8  
Flag Concord, NH
Thanks Meter: 50

714 posts
More
So do you think that any replacement phone that is sent out from now on will already have 4.3 stock on it? Yikes!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
20th January 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #9  
Flag Arvada Colorado
Thanks Meter: 307

1,089 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477

So do you think that any replacement phone that is sent out from now on will already have 4.3 stock on it? Yikes!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

unless its been in a warehouse for some time probably
21st January 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammykool

after the third swap theyll give you a diffrent phone if you ask

With my luck they'd give me a Galaxy S3 Mini, haha (I'm assuming you can't choose the phone?). This latest replacement, albeit pre-flashed 4.3, is fine so far. I'm happy with just root and safestrap for now. My Nexus 7 (2013) is my toy now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread