Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help me get Verizon APN back/no data

Tip us?

ilogik
Old
(Last edited by ilogik; 3rd December 2012 at 01:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default Help me get Verizon APN back/no data

I put in an AT&T sim in the phone to test it out, I had to add an AT&T APN to get data working. After I put the verizon SIM back in the phone the verizon APN is gone and the AT&T one is there with a lock symbol on it. When I choose the option to restore default APN the verizon one comes back but does not stick. When I go back in the menu the AT&T APN comes back.

I tried to nandroid back to a backup I made when I first got the phone but it did not fix this issue.

Can someone post the values under the APN settings?
iPhone 5s, LG G3, Note 3; Who are the 20%? o_O

syler2012
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Smile Rooted ?

Are you rooted ? you would have to be right to get it unlocked...... you need to delete your OLD apn in order for it to work then save it then enable it hope it helps ))

wolfedude88
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Syler no you do not have to be rooted, the phone is factory unlocked to be used on AT&T or TMOBILE.

I posted this on androidforums, because it did it to me when I tried it out on AT&T.

Here you go.

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...d-htc-dna.html

All I did was click add new and added this

Name - Verizon
APN - vzwinternet

Been working fine since
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfedude88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syler2012
Old
Thanks Meter 9
thought as a general rule you have to be unlocked to go to another carrier and since dna is like verizons flagship..... and we ALL know how verizon is LOL

wolfedude88
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by syler2012 View Post
thought as a general rule you have to be unlocked to go to another carrier and since dna is like verizons flagship..... and we ALL know how verizon is LOL
They are unlocked, factory unlocked by default, right out of the box. I know the iphone 5 on Verizon was the same way. Granted the iphone 5 and Droid DNA wont work on ATT LTE but HSPA+ is still plenty fast for most.

ilogik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
That fixed it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfedude88 View Post
Syler no you do not have to be rooted, the phone is factory unlocked to be used on AT&T or TMOBILE.

I posted this on androidforums, because it did it to me when I tried it out on AT&T.

Here you go.

Name - Verizon
APN - vzwinternet

Been working fine since
iPhone 5s, LG G3, Note 3; Who are the 20%? o_O

compnird
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Tried these suggestions and cannot get it to work. I cannot get back to the original APN nor add a new one longer than a couple minutes. As soon as I go out of the screen after saving it loses it. go back in and it's the TMobile settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfedude88 View Post

Here you go.

Name - Verizon
APN - vzwinternet

Been working fine since
CURRENT (In-Use) DEVICES: HTC Droid DNA - HTC Incredible 4G (Fireball) - LTE Galaxy Nexus - Kindle Fire - Kindle Fire HD - Motorola Xoom MZ602

Smartphone user since circa 2000: - Handspring VisorPhone, Kyocera 6035... many, many others.

impala454
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm having a similar issue. I'm attempting to add a new APN, to test a MMS fix. I choose "New APN", enter all the info, then click save, but the new one doesn't appear in the list. If I edit an existing one and attempt to save, it disappears from the list! Anyone have some insight?