Ask a question

No registration required

Help me get Verizon APN back/no data

OP ilogik

3rd December 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65

720 posts
I put in an AT&T sim in the phone to test it out, I had to add an AT&T APN to get data working. After I put the verizon SIM back in the phone the verizon APN is gone and the AT&T one is there with a lock symbol on it. When I choose the option to restore default APN the verizon one comes back but does not stick. When I go back in the menu the AT&T APN comes back.

I tried to nandroid back to a backup I made when I first got the phone but it did not fix this issue.

Can someone post the values under the APN settings?
Last edited by ilogik; 3rd December 2012 at 02:22 AM.
3rd December 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
Smile Rooted ?
Are you rooted ? you would have to be right to get it unlocked...... you need to delete your OLD apn in order for it to work then save it then enable it hope it helps ))
3rd December 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

113 posts
Syler no you do not have to be rooted, the phone is factory unlocked to be used on AT&T or TMOBILE.

I posted this on androidforums, because it did it to me when I tried it out on AT&T.

Here you go.

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...d-htc-dna.html

All I did was click add new and added this

Name - Verizon
APN - vzwinternet

Been working fine since
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfedude88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
thought as a general rule you have to be unlocked to go to another carrier and since dna is like verizons flagship..... and we ALL know how verizon is LOL
3rd December 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 21

113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syler2012

thought as a general rule you have to be unlocked to go to another carrier and since dna is like verizons flagship..... and we ALL know how verizon is LOL

They are unlocked, factory unlocked by default, right out of the box. I know the iphone 5 on Verizon was the same way. Granted the iphone 5 and Droid DNA wont work on ATT LTE but HSPA+ is still plenty fast for most.
3rd December 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65

720 posts
That fixed it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfedude88

Syler no you do not have to be rooted, the phone is factory unlocked to be used on AT&T or TMOBILE.

I posted this on androidforums, because it did it to me when I tried it out on AT&T.

Here you go.

Name - Verizon
APN - vzwinternet

Been working fine since

7th November 2013, 01:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 29

183 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tried these suggestions and cannot get it to work. I cannot get back to the original APN nor add a new one longer than a couple minutes. As soon as I go out of the screen after saving it loses it. go back in and it's the TMobile settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfedude88

Here you go.

Name - Verizon
APN - vzwinternet

Been working fine since

15th January 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Webster, TX
Thanks Meter: 24

182 posts
More
I'm having a similar issue. I'm attempting to add a new APN, to test a MMS fix. I choose "New APN", enter all the info, then click save, but the new one doesn't appear in the list. If I edit an existing one and attempt to save, it disappears from the list! Anyone have some insight?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread