Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yet Another Bricked DNA Thread

Tip us?

griffinhaskins17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Yet Another Bricked DNA Thread

So this morning I start playing music on my phone as I'm getting ready to take a shower (shower off at this time) and then the music stops - of course, the phone doesn't respond to the power button. So, I've tried recalibrating the charging circuit and booting into hboot, but with no luck. The charging lights do not turn on and the capacitive lights do not flash when holding the power (or any other additional combination of) button. I'm going to leave it on a charger for a day or so and see if I can get anywhere then. In the meantime, is there anything else you can advise me to try? I've read that disconnecting the battery for a few moments might do something, so I think that'll be my next step if keeping it on the charger doesn't result in anything.

Any advice is welcome, of course.

Cheers,
Griffin

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Yeah so far the only thing I have seen with people who have had the same problem were disconnecting the battery. Or most people just get a replacement.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

griffinhaskins17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So I disassembled it and pulled the battery for about ten minutes and reconnected it - to no avail. Is there a way I can test the battery? I have access to a multimeter, but I'm not entirely sure where to make contact on the battery's connector. I'm going to leave the battery disconnected for several hours and see what I can do then.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
I seen in another thread like this about calibrating the battery but I can't find it.

t1gartist
Old
Thanks Meter 287
to calibrate battery turn phone off and plug device into outlet press and hold power volume up and down at the same time until device poowers one or two minutes has passed if two minutes has passed call htc or asurion and replace it
round 2 with hardware failure maybe the heat from welding maybe to much flashing i dunno but htc and asurion aren't happy lol.

smartphones and ironwork dumb choices

you dont remember huh? time travel to before that dubby bro.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinhaskins17 View Post
So I disassembled it and pulled the battery for about ten minutes and reconnected it - to no avail. Is there a way I can test the battery? I have access to a multimeter, but I'm not entirely sure where to make contact on the battery's connector. I'm going to leave the battery disconnected for several hours and see what I can do then.
Ya I think I seen this guy say it in another thread. Thanks dude

griffinhaskins17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Welp, battery disconnected for ~24 hours and then attempted recalibration - nothing. I think I've got a bad component somewhere in there. I'm going to take up Best Buy's blue HTC One for $30 on Black Friday, but I'm definitely going to see if I can find out what's wrong with this thing, this hardware is not going to waste!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 597
Try another charger, maybe the one you've been using is bodied.

schott12521
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The same thing happened to me, I used my warranty and luckily I had 2 days left. I think we should start to really look into this problem, because I see it popping up more and more, and it is kind of **** that one year after this phone came out and everyone phone is bricking with no easy solution.

Were you rooted/rommed and what rom?

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Rooted n ROM has nothing to do with it charging