Ask a question

No registration required

Yet Another Bricked DNA Thread

OP griffinhaskins17

25th November 2013, 02:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
So this morning I start playing music on my phone as I'm getting ready to take a shower (shower off at this time) and then the music stops - of course, the phone doesn't respond to the power button. So, I've tried recalibrating the charging circuit and booting into hboot, but with no luck. The charging lights do not turn on and the capacitive lights do not flash when holding the power (or any other additional combination of) button. I'm going to leave it on a charger for a day or so and see if I can get anywhere then. In the meantime, is there anything else you can advise me to try? I've read that disconnecting the battery for a few moments might do something, so I think that'll be my next step if keeping it on the charger doesn't result in anything.

Any advice is welcome, of course.

Cheers,
Griffin
25th November 2013, 04:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155

1,090 posts
More
Yeah so far the only thing I have seen with people who have had the same problem were disconnecting the battery. Or most people just get a replacement.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th November 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
So I disassembled it and pulled the battery for about ten minutes and reconnected it - to no avail. Is there a way I can test the battery? I have access to a multimeter, but I'm not entirely sure where to make contact on the battery's connector. I'm going to leave the battery disconnected for several hours and see what I can do then.
25th November 2013, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 98

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
I seen in another thread like this about calibrating the battery but I can't find it.
26th November 2013, 03:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag newport news
Thanks Meter: 287

634 posts
More
to calibrate battery turn phone off and plug device into outlet press and hold power volume up and down at the same time until device poowers one or two minutes has passed if two minutes has passed call htc or asurion and replace it
26th November 2013, 04:44 AM   |  #6  

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinhaskins17

So I disassembled it and pulled the battery for about ten minutes and reconnected it - to no avail. Is there a way I can test the battery? I have access to a multimeter, but I'm not entirely sure where to make contact on the battery's connector. I'm going to leave the battery disconnected for several hours and see what I can do then.

Ya I think I seen this guy say it in another thread. Thanks dude

26th November 2013, 05:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Welp, battery disconnected for ~24 hours and then attempted recalibration - nothing. I think I've got a bad component somewhere in there. I'm going to take up Best Buy's blue HTC One for $30 on Black Friday, but I'm definitely going to see if I can find out what's wrong with this thing, this hardware is not going to waste!

Thanks for the advice everyone!
26th November 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #8  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 608

1,973 posts
Try another charger, maybe the one you've been using is bodied.
26th November 2013, 06:04 PM   |  #9  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
More
The same thing happened to me, I used my warranty and luckily I had 2 days left. I think we should start to really look into this problem, because I see it popping up more and more, and it is kind of **** that one year after this phone came out and everyone phone is bricking with no easy solution.

Were you rooted/rommed and what rom?
26th November 2013, 07:27 PM   |  #10  

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Rooted n ROM has nothing to do with it charging

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread