Android on Intel chip hardware project

OP Serilei

15th January 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

102 posts
Ok, I want to start out by mentioning; some of you may or may not know about a project I've been working on since March 2013, the Android Desktop OS which is now in version 2.0.

Can test the interactive demo online here: http://invis.io/95IKINK4

I've been on this project by myself, putting together ideas and re-imagining how Android should be on a desktop. Now, I know that Android x86 does exist, so please don't announce that android on the pc has been done already, because it's not how I envision any of this.

I think also they have started this as a hobby with no real distinct intention, I started my idea to give Android a very bright future. I believe as well as many others who are excited for this project that Android could be massive on desktops.

Yes, I know that it is written with a Linux kernel and it is aimed for mobile, but my goal is to change that. I want it to be able to run all the apps from the Market Place in it's normal fashion without anything complicated, but I want the core of this, the heart of this to be written for Intel hardware for starters.

I know there are some guys wrote some Intel hardware code for android, but I don't think they did it to be anything major. I want to take this to a whole new level, I really want this project out there, I want it to stand out.

Why does Windows, Mac and Ubuntu get pc and mobile counterparts but not Android? I feel personally it isn't quite fair and that Android should have its potential shown.

For those of you who have never seen my project, you can check it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2214161

Everything is still subject to change, but overall I am happy with what I have. I want to advance on Android without steering away from the heart of it. There are more ideas I have, but have been short on time with doing what I want.

Now here comes the icing.

I am stuck at a crossroad; I need a team, I need to find those who are just as interested in this as I am, but I don't know where to find them. I've posted this in numerous places without much coming back as far as coders.

I've been told to do a kickstarter, but I don't know the first thing about it, how to find the people, manage the money, who to trust, bring this to completion etc... So this brings me back to square one, where I just continue to develop this idea in it's visual form, because I don't know what to do.

I have been dedicated to making this happen for a long time, this can and will be a long term career, but I need the man power, those who believe in this. But where to find it? I figured since the internet is vast people would come at least wanting to give it a crack, but it has been dry out here.

I am open to feedback and really hope this can get off the ground.
Last edited by Serilei; 15th January 2014 at 10:02 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread