[Q] Rooted Nexus 7 Unique MTP Issues

Search This thread

bkbkaufman

Jan 16, 2014
Ok so I have a rooted nexus 7 that won't show up as an mtp device ever since I rooted another nexus 7 on the same computer. I have uninstalled all the drivers and re installed them a million times with device manager and USBDview nothing works. It connects to other computers as an mtp device, however ever since I rooted the other nexus 7 on the same computer it won't work. Also I don't have access to the other nexus because it was my friends. Obviously it's a computer issue because it connects to other computers as an mtp. I'm really out of things to try as I have searched for this problem, but only found people saying to re install the drivers. I would really appreciate some help because I don't know what to do. Thanks.

airberger

Nov 26, 2013
Ok so I have a rooted nexus 7 that won't show up as an mtp device ever since I rooted another nexus 7 on the same computer. I have uninstalled all the drivers and re installed them a million times with device manager and USBDview nothing works. It connects to other computers as an mtp device, however ever since I rooted the other nexus 7 on the same computer it won't work. Also I don't have access to the other nexus because it was my friends. Obviously it's a computer issue because it connects to other computers as an mtp. I'm really out of things to try as I have searched for this problem, but only found people saying to re install the drivers. I would really appreciate some help because I don't know what to do. Thanks.

I also have weird issues. What I usually do is make sure the Nexus is configured for only one connection. So for MTP mounting I have PTP unchecked and USB debugging unchecked. Then I plug into the computer.

If it doesn't mount as MTP, I find it's usually because Windows has attempted to connect via ADB drivers. So I go into Device Manager and uninstall the device under "Android" while checking the box to remove drivers for the device. Then I unplug the Nexus and plug it back in, and it uses MTP drivers. I've always struggle with these driver issues for the Nexus, i don't know why it's so difficult. Good luck!

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
When I had issues with my mtp I had to uninstall adb drivers then plug my device back in so it would use mass storage and install the drivers. Somehow I have adb and mass storage working now with USB debugging on.

Check in device manager when you have adb uninstalled and see what your device comes up as.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

bkbkaufman

Jan 16, 2014
When I had issues with my mtp I had to uninstall adb drivers then plug my device back in so it would use mass storage and install the drivers. Somehow I have adb and mass storage working now with USB debugging on.

Check in device manager when you have adb uninstalled and see what your device comes up as.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I uninstall the adb drivers but for some reason windows automatically installs them right back instead of mtp drivers and then if I go to update drivers and select mtp as an option it says it won't work

bkbkaufman

Jan 16, 2014
When I try to install the mtp drivers it says "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while trying to install it...your device can't start" Then it automatically installs the adb drivers. What would be the reason it won't let me install the mtp usb drivers? Has anyone else encountered this?