[Q] PPSSPP

Search This thread

bezzo0

Apr 5, 2011
Ppsspp

Just a question, anyone tried PPSSPP on our note 3? how was it? Share your experience and setting.

It's been working pretty good for me so far. You may have to fiddle with your settings for every game. Once you get it, the games run pretty great. Surprisingly so. Make sure you check out the compatibility list before you spend time trying to get a game to work. Some games are just broken. Mostly it depends what kind of games you're into. Rpg's or turn based games seem the way to go. Most action oriented games are nearly impossible unless you have a secondary controller. With that being said, PPSSPP gives you a great deal of control in customizing your controller layout... Now if I could only adjust the analog sensitivity.....

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth
It's been working pretty good for me so far. You may have to fiddle with your settings for every game. Once you get it, the games run pretty great. Surprisingly so. Make sure you check out the compatibility list before you spend time trying to get a game to work. Some games are just broken. Mostly it depends what kind of games you're into. Rpg's or turn based games seem the way to go. Most action oriented games are nearly impossible unless you have a secondary controller. With that being said, PPSSPP gives you a great deal of control in customizing your controller layout... Now if I could only adjust the analog sensitivity.....

I tried tenchu shadow assasin but got stuck on the story screen (black screen), any work around?

bezzo0

Apr 5, 2011
hmmm

I don't see tenchu compatibility list. That doesnt mean it won't work. What devices are ya'll using?
What's your general settings?

Also go to the ppsspp website and install the latest build and see if that helps. They seem to add new versions daily.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I tried tenchu shadow assasin but got stuck on the story screen (black screen), any work around?

Try disabling hardware transform and mips. Then try the different buffer modes. Just create a save state right where your having trouble. Try a different setting, and load that save state. Rinse and repeat until it works, or until you run out of options. I've also had trouble running a handful of games. My advice is to put the buggy games on the back burner for awhile. Eventually they'll get fixed. In the meantime play something else. Also tenchu seems a little tough for touch screen controls. Without a dedicated l and r button you'd have trouble playing it. You could always map the volume rocker to l and r, but it's a little annoying...

jamesmuking5

Aug 3, 2012
Kuching
I switched off buffering. Improved graphics display by alot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1390263579675.jpg
    1390263579675.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,130