FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

New Firmware Update! 10.26.1.18 - Kernel - December 18

878 posts
Thanks Meter: 122
 
By xRevilatioNx, Senior Member on 27th December 2013, 03:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The firmware update is 10.26.1.18 The kernel was also updated to 3.4.57 - December 18.

Had anyone noticed the brightness issue resolved? For that matter, has anyone noticed ANY changes? My hope is the issue where you had to click on the "smart saving" icon in the drop down menu isn't needed anymore (to fix the interment brightness issues.)

The only thing I saw was a pop-up when the update was completed. It said Asus has a new program built into the device that will send usage information and statistics to them to help find any issues and keep it up to date. Then it asked if I understood with an option to click a check mark. I didn't click it..I don't want to share my information with them. Are they nuts?

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD
Last edited by xRevilatioNx; 27th December 2013 at 04:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xRevilatioNx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
27th December 2013, 03:42 PM |#2  
xRevilatioNx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
***edited***

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD
27th December 2013, 08:27 PM |#3  
Aaroneious's Avatar
Member
Flag California - USA
Thanks Meter: 28
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRevilatioNx

The firmware update is 10.26.1.18 The kernel was also updated to 3.4.57 - December 18.

Had anyone noticed the brightness issue resolved? For that matter, has anyone noticed ANY changes? My hope is the issue where you had to click on the "smart saving" icon in the drop down menu isn't needed anymore (to fix the interment brightness issues.)

The only thing I saw was a pop-up when the update was completed. It said Asus has a new program built into the device that will send usage information and statistics to them to help find any issues and keep it up to date. Then it asked if I understood with an option to click a check mark. I didn't click it..I don't want to share my information with them. Are they nuts?

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD

I already have 3.4.57 (10.26.1.7 firmware) but it's dated Nov. 8. I'm unlocked and rooted and I don't get any notification of an update, nor do I see anything recent on the Asus download page.
27th December 2013, 08:52 PM |#4  
xRevilatioNx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Go into settings then "About"... click "System Update." That's how I got mine

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD
27th December 2013, 09:43 PM |#5  
Aaroneious's Avatar
Member
Flag California - USA
Thanks Meter: 28
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRevilatioNx

Go into settings then "About"... click "System Update." That's how I got mine

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD

Did that and clicked the button a half dozen times or so. Nada. Are you in the US? I don't think it will let me update OTA anyway since I unlocked my bootloader, but it should at least tell me there's an update that I can't have.
27th December 2013, 10:33 PM |#6  
xRevilatioNx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Yes I'm in the USA..



Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD
27th December 2013, 11:21 PM |#7  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,395
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneious

Did that and clicked the button a half dozen times or so. Nada. Are you in the US? I don't think it will let me update OTA anyway since I unlocked my bootloader, but it should at least tell me there's an update that I can't have.

Nope. Unlocked you're on your own.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
27th December 2013, 11:45 PM |#8  
xRevilatioNx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
After further review the auto brightness bug seems to be resolved!

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD
27th December 2013, 11:55 PM |#9  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 14,888
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRevilatioNx

After further review the auto brightness bug seems to be resolved!

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD

Nice! Hopefully they fixed some of the browser bugs as well.
28th December 2013, 12:56 AM |#10  
Koshara's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone saw it anywhere available for manual download please?

Auto brightness flickering killing my eyes...

BTW, any improvment on brightness during movie playback?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes