5,595,964 Members 31,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Worth exchanging my Nexus 5 and 150euros for the Note 3?

Tip us?

dazkyl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Worth exchanging my Nexus 5 and 150euros for the Note 3?

I found this guy that wants to exchange his note 3 for my nexus 5 but i will have to add 150euros cash along with the nexus 5.

Do you think it is worth ? I love the pure android on the nexus 5 , but i love bigger screens. Also no bloatware is amazing on the nexus.

Can i make a note 3 really something near the nexus 5 (talking about software)(bloatware,etc)

h3ck
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I think it depends on you. You can remove bloatware. You can even load GEL on the phone like I did. But does what you're losing from nexus 5 matter more or less than what you're gaining with note 3?

To me, s pen, bigger screen, nicer camera, better speakers, and longer battery matter more. I won't get Android first but I have a nexus 10 for that.

My 2 cents. Just to tease you, Iattached photo of note 3 with GEL. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390051418967.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	2523841Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390051434244.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	2523842

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
My Devices
HTC One (M8) | Nexus 10
Backup: iPhone 4 - repurposed iPod Touch

Proud Android user since 2007 (G1)!

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Note 2, Note 3

dazkyl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ck View Post
I think it depends on you. You can remove bloatware. You can even load GEL on the phone like I did. But does what you're losing from nexus 5 matter more or less than what you're gaining with note 3?

To me, s pen, bigger screen, nicer camera, better speakers, and longer battery matter more. I won't get Android first but I have a nexus 10 for that.

My 2 cents. Just to tease you, Iattached photo of note 3 with GEL. Attachment 2523841Attachment 2523842

It looks very clean. Nice ! I love OTA updates , and the material and build of the nexus 5 , i just love it. But the big screen and better camera really turns me on !! I'm so confused.

h3ck
Old
Thanks Meter 44
My philosophy is that OTA is nice but along with being first comes bugs. And no matter how much people trash touchwiz, it's the most popular. If people are still buying it, really isn't that bad. It also adds elements to OS you don't get with Vanilla Android. My buddy has one and just like the HTC One I ogle the hell out if the build. But this Black Note 3 is tremendously nicer in hand than my old note 2, so it's not as bad. At the end of the day they all have cases on them. Note 3 does feel nice though.

My Devices
HTC One (M8) | Nexus 10

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Note 2, Note 3

dazkyl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ck View Post
My philosophy is that OTA is nice but along with being first comes bugs. And no matter how much people trash touchwiz, it's the most popular. If people are still buying it, really isn't that bad. It also adds elements to OS you don't get with Vanilla Android. My buddy has one and just like the HTC One I ogle the hell out if the build. But this Black Note 3 is tremendously nicer in hand than my old note 2, so it's not as bad. At the end of the day they all have cases on them. Note 3 does feel nice though.

And what about the camera ? Is it really a good move to exchange my nexus5 + the 150euros cash for a brand new note3 ?

h3ck
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post
And what about the camera ? Is it really a good move to exchange my nexus5 + the 150euros cash for a brand new note3 ?
The camera, to me, is phenomenal. There's a thread with samples in it, but the camera on my phone definitely trumps my point and shoot now. No reason to have a point and shoot when your phone has a camera like this. It's definitely better than the Nexus 5's camera.
My Devices
HTC One (M8) | Nexus 10