Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Zophone I5 MTK6577 bricked, tryed everything for a week, please help me

OP xcyxoux

18th January 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hello!

I've got bricked Iphone 5 clone on MTK6577.
This phone was bricked because I flashed wrong firmware, but it still detects as "MTK USB Port" (PID_0003) when I plug it in and don't press any buttons on it.

I have backup from the 100% same phone, both bricked and working phones were from the same seller, bought together and came in one box.
As I understand phone has a chance to be unbricked, because Windows still detects it (PID_0003 means that Bootrom is alive).

So what I did this last week to unbrick it:
  • I tryed to flash backup with different versions of Sp flash tool (from 3.12.06.01 to 3.1336.0.198)
  • I tryed to flash first two blocks (preloader and dsp_bl)
  • I tryed to reinstall drivers and changed them
  • I tryed to flash it on 5 different PCs with Windows Xp(two different), Windows 7, Windows 7 64, Windows 8
  • I changed COM port number.

And always got this error: S_DA_DRAM_NOT_SUPPORT (3004) and when I use older Sp Flash Tool versions it ends with error: S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTINGS_FAIL (5054). Even if I flash only PRELOADER and DSP_BL blocks.

How it happens:
I disconnect the device from PC, choose scatter file in Sp Flash Tool, push "Download" button, connect the device.
After that red line fills in the bottom 100% and after some seconds MTK USB Port dissapears from device manager and I hear sound of "unplugged device" (sometimes it sounds twice). In the bottom of Sp Flash Tool driver name changes to DA USB VCOM Port and S_DA_DRAM_NOT_SUPPORT (3004) error appears.

I have no idea what to do and anyway thanks to everybody for your answers and advices in this thread.

Some details about the phone from MTK Droid Tools:

Hardware : MT6577 (MT6589 is Fake!)
Model : iPhone5
Build number : ALPS.ICS2.MP.V1.18
Build date UTC : 20130822-011857
Android v : 4.2.0
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V14, 2013/07/01 20:22
Kernel v : 3.0.13 (root@microhand-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Aug 22 09:17:28 CST 2013
Uboot build v : MAIN2.2.ubt.2443
LCD Driver IC : 1-nt35510_mipi

Also here is screenshot of Sp Flash Tool 3.1336.0.sn198 when I get this error.

If you need any other information, just ask and I'll do my best to get it. Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3004_error.png
Views:	14035
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	2523381  
18th January 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104

501 posts
More
Can you boot your phone on Recovery?or it doesn't provide any power?
18th January 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraWelfare

Can you boot your phone on Recovery?or it doesn't provide any power?

I can't boot phone in any way.
I tryed different combinations of buttons. The only combination I got is "HOME" and "POWER" buttons.
When I hold them for 5 seconds and release - device manager redetects MTK USB Port.
18th January 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Xanthi

501 posts
More
I think your device has an iOS operating system.Why are you posting in Android Q&A?or am I wrong?
18th January 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

I think your device has an iOS operating system.Why are you posting in Android Q&A?or am I wrong?

It's not an iOS device, MTK Droid tools wouldn't detect it if it's a iOS device. I'm sure, and it wouldn't be detected as MTK USB Port (PID_0003) when I plug it in.
18th January 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #6  
Flag Xanthi

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyxoux

It's not an iOS device, MTK Droid tools wouldn't detect it if it's a iOS device. I'm sure, and it wouldn't be detected as MTK USB Port (PID_0003) when I plug it in.

I don't mean that...I mean it has iOS operating system.Like it doesn't have Google Play or anything that's related to google.It has App Store - iTunes and stuff of Apple...
18th January 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

I don't mean that...I mean it has iOS operating system.Like it doesn't have Google Play or anything that's related to google.It has App Store - iTunes and stuff of Apple...

Before I bricked it interface was iOS-like, that's right. But it's android.
So how can I unbrick it?
18th January 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
First of all, read this first http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160490
@rua1 is the creator of MTK Droid Tool.

And for the love of your phone, do NOT flash the first 2 item [uncheck the first 2 boxes in SP Flash Tool]
if u r not flashing whole firmware.
Read the tutorial and u will know why.
18th January 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob_XDA

First of all, read this first http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160490

And for the love of your phone, do NOT flash the first 2 item [uncheck the first 2 boxes in SP Flash Tool]

Thanks for the answer!
When I bricked it I used Sp flash tool which flashes one whole .bin file. So I think preloader and dsp_bl are not "native" now.
Anyway I'll read the tutorial.
18th January 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob_XDA

Now I know why, but I still don't know how to unbrick the phone
Last edited by xcyxoux; 18th January 2014 at 03:06 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread