Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Kernel] BinDroid SM-P600 - P601 | V2.0.0 | CPU UV | Boosted | Correct Colour Scaling | arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2

OP DutchDanny

11th February 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #481  
Thanks Meter: 60

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveman29

Did you test with stock kernel?

Ffs pcmag might have made me reset to stock for no reason after finding these results!

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy...iew-1003p5.php

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

F**k pcmag they should stick to PC's if they are even capable of testing them. Their results are wrong. After testing stock kernel got 2.0 and 14 fps respectively. So great news @DutchDanny is on target in all aspects of the kernel. Not that I ever doubted him

The Following User Says Thank You to Qbm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #482  
Thanks Meter: 105

608 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbm

Ffs pcmag might have made me reset to stock for no reason after finding these results!

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy...iew-1003p5.php

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

F**k pcmag they should stick to PC's if they are even capable of testing them. Their results are wrong. After testing stock kernel got 2.0 and 14 fps respectively. So great news @DutchDanny is on target in all aspects of the kernel. Not that I ever doubted him

You even get higher scores if you set the file to 600 Mhz. Something goes wrong when it is set to 667 or higher. But yes, Danny is doing great considering the short time that his owns the tab.
11th February 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #483  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 67

258 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbm

Honestly was just the way my brain read it lol nobody pointed it out till now

Flux-capacitor.
11th February 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #484  

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusNO

Flux-capacitor.

"It works! Ha ha, IT WORKS! You bet your ass it works" :P

11th February 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #485  
Thanks Meter: 7

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDanny

Code:

##
# Build 3 - 7 feb 2014
# BinDroid-SM-P600-P601-V1.0.0
##
cpufreq: Add a sync limit to cpu-boost
cpufreq: Add Input Boost feature to the cpu-boost driver
config: Enabled Performance, powersave, conservative governor
Enabled Multi-purpose USB Networking Framework (ASIX AX88xx)
##

Asix driver works perfectly... Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #486  
Flag Hinesville, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozer69

Asix driver works perfectly... Thank you

SO what again is exactly the purpose of this driver again? USB host?
13th February 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #487  
Thanks Meter: 7

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AestenD

SO what again is exactly the purpose of this driver again? USB host?

Pluggable USB RJ45/network adapter. Samsung disabled these so we would be forced to buy their adapters...

13th February 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #488  
Flag Hinesville, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

501 posts
More
Quote:

Pluggable USB RJ45/network adapter. Samsung disabled these so we would be forced to buy their adapters...

You can use cat5 eh? Interesting. I can see how this might be useful in a situation where the router has no wifi.
13th February 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #489  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Quote:

No Ethernet-over-USB is compiled in the kernel 3.4.39. It's not true to write that Samsung as disable something to force people to buy their adapters.
I don't think Samsung has developed its own Ethernet-over-USB chipset. In the source, there is no driver for Samsung Ethernet-over-USB waiting to be compiled. The ethernet device marked "Samsung" seen in CES 2014 must be running already existing chipset(s). One more probable reason of missing ethernet driver is that Ethernet is not fully supported in the Android code. That's why some applications say : "no network found" when we have installed custom kernel supporting Ethernet-over-USB chipset. Disabling all low level ethernet support in the kernel reduces complains of users not used to kernel/ROM hack.
13th February 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #490  

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopac

No Ethernet-over-USB is compiled in the kernel 3.4.39. It's not true to write that Samsung as disable something to force people to buy their adapters.
I don't think Samsung has developed its own Ethernet-over-USB chipset. In the source, there is no driver for Samsung Ethernet-over-USB waiting to be compiled. The ethernet device marked "Samsung" seen in CES 2014 must be running already existing chipset(s). One more probable reason of missing ethernet driver is that Ethernet is not fully supported in the Android code. That's why some applications say : "no network found" when we have installed custom kernel supporting Ethernet-over-USB chipset. Disabling all low level ethernet support in the kernel reduces complains of users not used to kernel/ROM hack.

They most probably haven't done it on purpose to save complaints of incompatibility. However they have took advantage of this by bringing out there over price compatible hardware. To make more money I think this is fair to say

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread