Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] BinDroid SM-P600 - P601 | V2.0.0 | CPU UV | Boosted | Correct Colour Scaling | arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2

Tip us?
 
Qbm
Old
#481  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveman29 View Post
Did you test with stock kernel?
Ffs pcmag might have made me reset to stock for no reason after finding these results!

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy...iew-1003p5.php



---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

F**k pcmag they should stick to PC's if they are even capable of testing them. Their results are wrong. After testing stock kernel got 2.0 and 14 fps respectively. So great news @DutchDanny is on target in all aspects of the kernel. Not that I ever doubted him

Don't forget to click thanks below. I try my hardest to help with the limited information I learn
The Following User Says Thank You to Qbm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
steveman29
Old
#482  
steveman29's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 607
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbm View Post
Ffs pcmag might have made me reset to stock for no reason after finding these results!

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy...iew-1003p5.php



---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

F**k pcmag they should stick to PC's if they are even capable of testing them. Their results are wrong. After testing stock kernel got 2.0 and 14 fps respectively. So great news @DutchDanny is on target in all aspects of the kernel. Not that I ever doubted him

You even get higher scores if you set the file to 600 Mhz. Something goes wrong when it is set to 667 or higher. But yes, Danny is doing great considering the short time that his owns the tab.
GALAXY NOTE 10.1 2014 EDITION

GALAXY S4 I9505

ZOPO ZP998
 
MarcusNO
Old
#483  
MarcusNO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 258
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Stockholm

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbm View Post
Honestly was just the way my brain read it lol nobody pointed it out till now

Flux-capacitor.
DEVICES:
NOTE 3 (N9005)
NOTE 10.1 2014 EDITION (SM-P600)
 
Qbm
Old
#484  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusNO View Post
Flux-capacitor.
"It works! Ha ha, IT WORKS! You bet your ass it works" :P

Don't forget to click thanks below. I try my hardest to help with the limited information I learn
 
pozer69
Old
#485  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDanny View Post

Code:
 
##
# Build 3 - 7 feb 2014
# BinDroid-SM-P600-P601-V1.0.0
##
cpufreq: Add a sync limit to cpu-boost
cpufreq: Add Input Boost feature to the cpu-boost driver
config: Enabled Performance, powersave, conservative governor
Enabled Multi-purpose USB Networking Framework (ASIX AX88xx)
##
Asix driver works perfectly... Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
AestenD
Old
#486  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 497
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hinesville, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozer69 View Post
Asix driver works perfectly... Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
SO what again is exactly the purpose of this driver again? USB host?
 
pozer69
Old
#487  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AestenD View Post
SO what again is exactly the purpose of this driver again? USB host?
Pluggable USB RJ45/network adapter. Samsung disabled these so we would be forced to buy their adapters...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
AestenD
Old
#488  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 497
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hinesville, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozer69 View Post
Pluggable USB RJ45/network adapter. Samsung disabled these so we would be forced to buy their adapters...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
You can use cat5 eh? Interesting. I can see how this might be useful in a situation where the router has no wifi.
 
Chopac
Old
#489  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozer69 View Post
Pluggable USB RJ45/network adapter. Samsung disabled these so we would be forced to buy their adapters...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
No Ethernet-over-USB is compiled in the kernel 3.4.39. It's not true to write that Samsung as disable something to force people to buy their adapters.
I don't think Samsung has developed its own Ethernet-over-USB chipset. In the source, there is no driver for Samsung Ethernet-over-USB waiting to be compiled. The ethernet device marked "Samsung" seen in CES 2014 must be running already existing chipset(s). One more probable reason of missing ethernet driver is that Ethernet is not fully supported in the Android code. That's why some applications say : "no network found" when we have installed custom kernel supporting Ethernet-over-USB chipset. Disabling all low level ethernet support in the kernel reduces complains of users not used to kernel/ROM hack.
 
Qbm
Old
#490  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopac View Post
No Ethernet-over-USB is compiled in the kernel 3.4.39. It's not true to write that Samsung as disable something to force people to buy their adapters.
I don't think Samsung has developed its own Ethernet-over-USB chipset. In the source, there is no driver for Samsung Ethernet-over-USB waiting to be compiled. The ethernet device marked "Samsung" seen in CES 2014 must be running already existing chipset(s). One more probable reason of missing ethernet driver is that Ethernet is not fully supported in the Android code. That's why some applications say : "no network found" when we have installed custom kernel supporting Ethernet-over-USB chipset. Disabling all low level ethernet support in the kernel reduces complains of users not used to kernel/ROM hack.
They most probably haven't done it on purpose to save complaints of incompatibility. However they have took advantage of this by bringing out there over price compatible hardware. To make more money I think this is fair to say

Don't forget to click thanks below. I try my hardest to help with the limited information I learn

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes