[APP][WIDGET] NotiList Widget - v0.6b - 27 feb - Bigger size option - GEAR Exclusive

Search This thread

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Perhaps I got a little bored when NotiCounter reached v1.0 and the ideas for new features ran out... :p
So, I started this little project aswell:

The NotiList Widget shows the latest (3 atm, to bad but scrolling widget is not possible) arrived notifications in a 4x4 widget, for now taping a widget shows the Text Message (Aka Line 2 in the widget)
If I manage I´ll try to launch the official Notifications app straight into the chosen message, or even better, manage to make it read (by the system) just by taping it. Don´t know if any of these goals are reachable though.

So what does the Gear community think? Shall I continue with this or am I just wasting my time? :confused:
I´ll release it anyway... ;)

Note, This will probably merge into NotiCounter in the future, but if I release a beta I´ll keep em separated for now...

Screenshots:
NotiList_Screen3.png
NotiList_Screen4.png

NotiList_Screen6.png
NotiList_Screen2.png

NotiList_Screen5.png
NotiList_Screen7.png

Changelog:
0.2b
- Fullscreen widget (300x300), manually resize to full when you put it on Home Screen!
- Unread Notifications marked in red color, Custom coloring will be implemented later.
- List is updated when taping the Manual Refresh button and when Screen comes on.

0.3b
- Fix for the FC that appeared when the Notification list was shorter than 6 items.
- Added an unread counter in the bottom.
- Refresh button shows "Refreshing..." during the resfresh.

0.4b
- Added settings
- Set custom colors for: Unread Notis, Read Notis and Labels/Buttons
- Choose Background between: Default, Transparent or a custom image (Create a 300x300 image of your choice)
- Smoother toast message box witch covers more text.

0.5b
- A single tap on a Notification shows message on Toast just as before, a double tap (Within 0,5s) opens the Notification app and shows the first Notification for that Package.

0.6b
- Fixed a bug causing app to crash when pressing Cancel in settings
- Added a new widget with a total of 3 pages showing 2 notifications per page. Bigger text and easier to read.

Download:
NotiList Widget v0.6b

Please report bugs!

Last edited:

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
Cool!
Why is a scrolling widget not possible?

I use Simple Calendar Widget on my Gear and can scroll up and down through several days worth of events.

Or, do you mean auto-scrolling?
Manual scrolling is better anyway, IMHO.

Rich

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I really like this idea ! Great proof of concept.

I would use this no doubt, this could even replace unread notification count, I would much rather use this.

SUGGESTIONS:
  • Configurable unread notifications or all notifications.
  • Configurable amount of notifications, for example the last 5.
  • Configurable border & text color.
  • Scrollable view.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Cool!

I use Simple Calendar Widget on my Gear and can scroll up and down through several days worth of events.

Rich

Yeah the Gear itself supports it, no problem there.
Problem is I´m developing my apps with Basic4Android and it´s not supporting scrollable widgets.
Haven´t gotten the time to teach myself Eclipse yet so I stick with this for now :)

I would use this no doubt, this could even replace unread notification count, I would much rather use this.

SUGGESTIONS:
  • Scrollable view.
Yeah I´ll use this widget on one of my Home screens not mather what the community thinks ;)
Just wanted to know how much work I would put on configurations.
I can manage the first three suggestions, but as I said above, scrollable widget is not possible atm.

Is the size good enough or should I make is bigger?

Reactions: tyvar1 and richlum

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Problem is I´m developing my apps with Basic4Android and it´s not supporting scrollable widgets.
Haven´t gotten the time to teach myself Eclipse yet so I stick with this for now :)

Yeah I´ll use this widget on one of my Home screens not mather what the community thinks ;)
I can manage the first three suggestions, but as I said above, scrollable widget is not possible atm.

I think this should be a 320x320, although perhaps a few widget sizes could be considered also ?

Why is a scrollable view not possible ?

I always thought it was a matter of declaring elements in a scrollview tag.

This is for your consideration.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
I think this should be a 320x320, although perhaps a few widget sizes could be considered also ?

Why is a scrollable view not possible ?

I always thought it was a matter of declaring elements in a scrollview tag.

This is for your consideration.
I´m aware of the Scrollview class, the whole config for NotiCounter is based on that. No problem to attach to an Activity. Problem is that it´s not possible to add an Scrollview to an Widget as it´s not supported by Basic4Android:
http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/forum/threads/scrollview-in-widget.34011/

There may be a chance to add this if I create the base in B4A and then decompile the genererated APK, import the source to Eclipse and change the necessary files. I´ll give it a shot.

Last edited:

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I´m aware of the Scrollview class, the whole config for NotiCounter is based on that. No problem to attach to an Activity. Problem is that it´s not possible to add an Scrollview to an Widget as it´s not supported by Basic4Android:
http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/forum/threads/scrollview-in-widget.34011/

There may be a chance to add this if I create the base in B4A and then decompile the genererated APK, import the source to Eclipse and change the necessary files. I´ll give it a shot.

Should be a matter of just editing the layout, does B4A support layouts etc ?

Is it the same file structure as android ? Or does it generate all of that for you ? Not familiar with B4A you see..

Regardless tho if you need a hand give me a yell.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Should be a matter of just editing the layout, does B4A support layouts etc ?

Is it the same file structure as android ? Or does it generate all of that for you ? Not familiar with B4A you see..

Regardless tho if you need a hand give me a yell.

Yes it supports layouts for both Activities and Widgets, however widgets only supports some viewtypes:
Widgets do not support all views types. The following views are supported:
- Button (default drawable)
- Label (ColorDrawable or GradientDrawable)
- Panel (ColorDrawable or GradientDrawable)
- ImageView
- ProgressBar (both modes)

So it´s got nothing to do with the actual layout.

The generated file uses the same file structure as APKs created by Eclipse, so if I reverse enginere the APK I should be able to import the source in Eclipse and add the scrolling afterwards..

Or maybe someone else can help us with it if I don´t pull that part off.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Yes it supports layouts for both Activities and Widgets, however widgets only supports some viewtypes:

So it´s got nothing to do with the actual layout.

The generated file uses the same file structure as APKs created by Eclipse, so if I reverse enginere the APK I should be able to import the source in Eclipse and add the scrolling afterwards..

Or maybe someone else can help us with it if I don´t pull that part off.

Interesting,.

Perhaps a scrollable listview: here.

Anyway, enough about scrollviews listviews and all the rest of the views, will deal with that when we get there hehe.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
App Updated to v0.2b!

Put out a first release for testing.
It´s a full screen widget (300x300 is as big Nova allows me to) wich shows the 6 latest incoming notifications split on 2 pages.
The unread ones are marked in a red color.

Please try it out!

Download link and changelog in first post!

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
I love the idea and think it's great...I would love if u were to keep working on it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I am using nova launcher and i believe my grid size is 5x4. ..for some reason the top part of the first notification is cut off...is there a different grid size I should use...any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
Dang I'm out of town for a few days and wham. More awesome things going on. Cant wait to get back home and start checking this out. looks very very promising. Keep up the great work. Loving NotiCounter, Cant wait to use this. :)

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
So i turned off the dock on Nova Launcher and its a lil better but the top part that says "Manual Refresh" is cut off....what are you other guys using to get the whole thing to show...like grid size or laucher?

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
So i turned off the dock on Nova Launcher and its a lil better but the top part that says "Manual Refresh" is cut off....what are you other guys using to get the whole thing to show...like grid size or laucher?

It will only fit on a full screen ie without dock and notification bar at top of screen (full system ui). Use nova to hide both.

I sometimes get a force close. It happened after I deleted all messages and pressed manual update.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
It will only fit on a full screen ie without dock and notification bar at top of screen (full system ui). Use nova to hide both.

I sometimes get a force close. It happened after I deleted all messages and pressed manual update.

True, I´we not added some check for how many items there is in the notification db yet. It purely just pick the last 6 items, if theres less than that, an FC will be the result.

Fix is on the ToDo-list.

Reactions: ardsar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perhaps I got a little bored when NotiCounter reached v1.0 and the ideas for new features ran out... :p
    So, I started this little project aswell:

The NotiList Widget shows the latest (3 atm, to bad but scrolling widget is not possible) arrived notifications in a 4x4 widget, for now taping a widget shows the Text Message (Aka Line 2 in the widget)
    If I manage I´ll try to launch the official Notifications app straight into the chosen message, or even better, manage to make it read (by the system) just by taping it. Don´t know if any of these goals are reachable though.

So what does the Gear community think? Shall I continue with this or am I just wasting my time? :confused:
    I´ll release it anyway... ;)

Note, This will probably merge into NotiCounter in the future, but if I release a beta I´ll keep em separated for now...

Screenshots:
    NotiList_Screen3.png
    NotiList_Screen4.png

NotiList_Screen6.png
    NotiList_Screen2.png

NotiList_Screen5.png
    NotiList_Screen7.png

Changelog:
    0.2b
    - Fullscreen widget (300x300), manually resize to full when you put it on Home Screen!
    - Unread Notifications marked in red color, Custom coloring will be implemented later.
    - List is updated when taping the Manual Refresh button and when Screen comes on.

0.3b
    - Fix for the FC that appeared when the Notification list was shorter than 6 items.
    - Added an unread counter in the bottom.
    - Refresh button shows "Refreshing..." during the resfresh.

0.4b
    - Added settings
    - Set custom colors for: Unread Notis, Read Notis and Labels/Buttons
    - Choose Background between: Default, Transparent or a custom image (Create a 300x300 image of your choice)
    - Smoother toast message box witch covers more text.

0.5b
    - A single tap on a Notification shows message on Toast just as before, a double tap (Within 0,5s) opens the Notification app and shows the first Notification for that Package.

0.6b
    - Fixed a bug causing app to crash when pressing Cancel in settings
    - Added a new widget with a total of 3 pages showing 2 notifications per page. Bigger text and easier to read.

Download:
    NotiList Widget v0.6b

Please report bugs!
    Cool!

Rich

SUGGESTIONS:
    • Scrollable view.

Thanks for this excellent widget.
    Been running a few hours on null_19 and it seems good.
    One request. I'm not sure if it's possible, but when you tap one of the notifications, it would be good it it opened in the stock notification app, so you can see more info.
    At the moment, the pop up you get doesn't give too many more characters than what you can see in the main widget screen.

Thanks!
    The request is already on the Todo-list, I have to try if it´s even possible to go directly an specific message. else I´ll create some option that just opens the Notification app.
    Row 2 in each message is two rows high, so the tap shows the rest of the info if it´s more than that.

I´ll add some options in next release: Unread text color, Read text color, Button/labels color. And the possibility to choose transparent or custom background.
    App Updated to v0.6b!

New update uploaded.
    Small bugfix and added another widget with bigger text and only 2 notifications per page.

Download and changelog in first post.

True, I´we not added some check for how many items there is in the notification db yet. It purely just pick the last 6 items, if theres less than that, an FC will be the result.

Fix is on the ToDo-list.