View Poll Results: What base are you on?
MK2 43 14.48%
NB1 47 15.82%
NC1 125 42.09%
NI1 82 27.61%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

[INDEX] All things AT&T [MK2 NB1 NC1 NI1] and ROM List

OP guut13

17th March 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #611  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,297

717 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz200127

That doesn't work at all. I've even tried another kernel but nothin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What doesn't work?
17th March 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #612  
Thanks Meter: 85

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey, tested PurifieD, it works.

1.) Downgrade to MK2
2.) Boot SS
3.) Flash ROM, do not select to install the kernel, you can flash the mods
4.) Theme works
5.) Flash NB1 Modules
6.) FLASH SUPERSU
7.) Flash MDL files in Odin
8.) Profit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dhs92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #613  
Thanks Meter: 8

24 posts
maybe not many people are still on MK2 using MK2 specific roms but i am. Lately I have been running Eclipse v3.0 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2351840from the verizon threads and have installed it on Rom Slot 1 and am currently using it on my STOCK SLOT without issues. In the aroma installer, it has the option to install no kernel, (safestrap) option and then after installation is complete. do not reboot and just flash the MK2modules zip and of course, enter the AT&T APN settings and everything should be working. Again, im still on MK2 and am happy as of right now.

PS... forgot to mention that a workaround needs to be done in order for paid apps to install. Modaco's paid app encryption module is what needs to be used which is fairly simple to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to xDark-Moonx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #614  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 64

353 posts
More
Quick question, I installed Muniz's stock NB1 rooted rom and followed his directions. Everything worked great. One thing I'm unclear about is why are the downgrade instructions different for that rom, vs everything else.

Is it ok to follow his directions instead to downgrade?

Below, from Muniz's post.
----------

These are the steps I followed to successfully flash this ROM (flash at your own risk):

1. Place the ROM zip in ext sdcard.
2. Downgrade from NB1 to a semi-working(no-wifi) MK2 by only flashing the MK2 AP and CSC tar files from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279
3. Use your favorite root method to root MK2 then install SS (see SS thread for how to install and use SS).
4. Once SS is installed boot into SS, perform an advanced wipe and wipe everything except ext sd card.
5. Flash the ROM zip in Stock Slot.
6. Hit "Home," then reboot from SS into Download Mode and flash the NB1 Stock Kernel https://mega.co.nz/#!p10mCbZS!-C2I4K...VUrT1c1UYw7ZLQ using PDA slot in Odin.The phone should then automatically reboot into the ROM.

If you want to flash another 4.4 Custom Rom after flashing this ROM, first flash the MK2 Stock Kernel in the PDA Slot in Odin before wiping this ROM in SS and flashing the new ROM: https://mega.co.nz/#!lwVUSAiY!Qx2T5S...6ULxoVki6AmSjQ

To return your phone back to 100% Stock, Un-Rooted NB1 flash the NB1 Full Odin tar from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674223

***EDIT**: If you never upgraded to NB1 from MK2 then, besides following steps 3 - 6, you also need to flash the NB1 Modem in PDA slot in Odin in order for wifi to work: https://mega.co.nz/#!sstkFRiJ!d9zTRt...zDlqJKy2OlP_7o
17th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #615  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 49

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhs92

Hey, tested PurifieD, it works.

1.) Downgrade to MK2
2.) Boot SS
3.) Flash ROM, do not select to install the kernel, you can flash the mods
4.) Theme works
5.) Flash NB1 Modules
6.) FLASH SUPERSU
7.) Flash MDL files in Odin
8.) Profit

@Dhs92 did you flash the theme in aroma installer or after? When I installed it I flashed it after and that worked for me. I just want to make sure both ways work for a future reference and for other people to know.

And did you ever figure out why it removed safestrap for you? :P It didn't do that when I flashed it
17th March 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #616  

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosch26

@Dhs92 did you flash the theme in aroma installer or after? When I installed it I flashed it after and that worked for me. I just want to make sure both ways work for a future reference and for other people to know.

And did you ever figure out why it removed safestrap for you? :P It didn't do that when I flashed it

Flashed it in AROMA

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhs92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #617  
Flag Macon
Thanks Meter: 463

780 posts
More
I guess it's time for me to finally learn how to use Odin.

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4
Last edited by WordsworthESP; 17th March 2014 at 11:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WordsworthESP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #618  

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsworthESP

So, is it better to take the upgrade, then downgrade to avoid telling the Knox counter? I don't see it being mentioned, and no one has seemed to even acknowledge my post regarding that flashing these ROMs coming from MK2 will trip the Knox counter. I have a hard time believing that no one is worried about tripping it, as I still see tons of posts asking how to remove the Custom screen. Is it simply very few are aware of this? Or have we found a workaround to prevent it.

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4

A lot of people here have already tripped it, so I guess it hasn't come up

17th March 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #619  
Jonesboro, AR
Thanks Meter: 10

98 posts
More
Looks like you already deleted your question.

I flashed deadly Venom 3 directly from stock rooted mk3, and my Knox is still virginal with the 0x0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #620  
Thanks Meter: 7

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN_ReFlux

Looks like you already deleted your question.

I flashed deadly Venom 3 directly from stock rooted mk3, and my Knox is still virginal with the 0x0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lol

Same here. I soft bricked it once right of the bat too and had to Odin to factory mk2. Running dv3 kit kat now. I'm still good!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, mk2, safestrap, ss 3.71
Previous Thread Next Thread