Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 44,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where are the Custom ROMs?

Tip us?

ej_424
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Default Where are the Custom ROMs?

For us Ativ S users where are the custom roms? Wolf has what I guess you can call one but I'm surprised this hasn't taken off more like the WP7 scene. Are there additional challenges I'm not aware of? We have full interop unlock and there is hardly anything progressing. Not complaining I appreciate the Devs and what they do but just a bit surprised by the lack of content.

matgras
Old
Thanks Meter 682
It isnt possible to create wp7-like roms yet.

We can only flash csc files which are kinda limited.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"

Phone: Samsung Ativ S
Rom: Wolfrom 2.0

thals1992
Old
Thanks Meter 207

DONATE TO ME
Because there isn't an easy way to implement features that we want. InteropUnlock apps (as of 1/18/14) only allow the rebuilt YouTube app to upload videos from your phone, allows SamWP8 Tools to change a few system settings, allows WP8 Webserver to read more of the Registry and File System (AFAIK, the rest of the device,) and WPH to change other settings.

Individual volume control is unknown now because we simply don't know what's in all of the unofficial API and a few similar issues. Sure InteropUnlock has been around for a few months (5?) and we simply don't know what all isn't available.

For custom ROMs, Secure Boot would essentially need to be disabled in the UEFI, BitLocker world be a second challenge.... No recovery key, no username and password.