5,606,201 Members 33,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install CM on ZTE V889S

Tip us?
 
cooldj33
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Question How to install CM on ZTE V889S

Hello there I recently bought a zte v889s (ZTE Blade C V807) and I would like to install cyanogenmod on it but I am not entirely sure what to do as this is new for me! Please help! Thanks in advance!
 
Fantassy123
Old
#2  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 210
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldj33 View Post
Hello there I recently bought a zte v889s (ZTE Blade C V807) and I would like to install cyanogenmod on it but I am not entirely sure what to do as this is new for me! Please help! Thanks in advance!
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_blade
Here is a full guide for Flashing Cyanogemod on your phone.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Deviceīs :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
 
cooldj33
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default reply

Dear Fantassy123 thanks for your reply! I've already sideloaded the ask mr pigfish but results came out as unknown! In addition do you know if this will be compatible with my blade model? Again thanks for your help!
 
Fantassy123
Old
#4  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 210
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldj33 View Post
Dear Fantassy123 thanks for your reply! I've already sideloaded the ask mr pigfish but results came out as unknown! In addition do you know if this will be compatible with my blade model? Again thanks for your help!
If your phone is running android 2.1 itīs probably GEN1.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Deviceīs :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
 
cooldj33
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
If your phone is running android 2.1 itīs probably GEN1.
It's running 4.1.1 and baseband: MAUI
 
Fantassy123
Old
#6  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 210
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldj33 View Post
It's running 4.1.1 and baseband: MAUI
The latest ROMs are generally Gen2 only.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Deviceīs :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
 
cooldj33
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
The latest ROMs are generally Gen2 only.
Thanks for your help Fantasy123
 
bri4c
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldj33 View Post
Thanks for your help Fantasy123
Hi, I recently bought the v889s and I'm having trouble getting started, as ask mr pigfish returns unknown as well. I've looked into several solutions for getting a custom rom like cyanogenmod but it seems to imply to know which gen you are.
I don't understand your answer: "The latest ROMs are generally Gen2 only" are you implying this phone is gen2 and we should follow the gen2 instructions?

Thanks!
 
zele75
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri4c View Post
Hi, I recently bought the v889s and I'm having trouble getting started, as ask mr pigfish returns unknown as well. I've looked into several solutions for getting a custom rom like cyanogenmod but it seems to imply to know which gen you are.
I don't understand your answer: "The latest ROMs are generally Gen2 only" are you implying this phone is gen2 and we should follow the gen2 instructions?

Thanks!
That ROM is for original ZTE Blade from 2010, I had one

There's no CM for ZTE v889s aka ZTE Blade C.
 
mt12345
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Can I install V889D or V889M ROM on V889S ?
I ask because I found this:

needrom.com/phone-roms/zte/v889/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes