[Q] Restored Rom Manager backup and now everything force closes.

Search This thread

dvst8ion

May 27, 2010
Can someone please help. Running a rooted GS4 4.3. Made a backup with Rom Manager. was trying some zips to try and get WALLET with tap and pay working, well no go. so I did a full wipe, then booted into recovery and restored the back up I had. Now everything just force closes, making the phone pretty much unusable. There is no Fix Permissions in RM 6.0.2.2 to see if that will help. can someone please help!!!

Thank you

Rick

re: backup restore

Can someone please help. Running a rooted GS4 4.3. Made a backup with Rom Manager. was trying some zips to try and get WALLET with tap and pay working, well no go. so I did a full wipe, then booted into recovery and restored the back up I had. Now everything just force closes, making the phone pretty much unusable. There is no Fix Permissions in RM 6.0.2.2 to see if that will help. can someone please help!!!

Thank you

Rick

Try this, before you restore the nandroid backup in cwm recovery wipe data, system, cache, dalvik cache
and last but not least do a "factory reset".

Once that's done go a head and restore the nandroid backup in cwm recovery.
There is a very good chance it will work just fine after doing that.

Good luck!

dvst8ion

May 27, 2010
Try this, before you restore the nandroid backup in cwm recovery wipe data, system, cache, dalvik cache
and last but not least do a "factory reset".

Once that's done go a head and restore the nandroid backup in cwm recovery.
There is a very good chance it will work just fine after doing that.

Good luck!

There is no data wipe in touch 6.0.4.4 it has data wipe/factory reset.

dvst8ion

May 27, 2010
That's ok too, just do the data wipe factory reset and all the other wipes, system, cache, dalvik cache.

Ok so now in CWM Touch i cannot see my backup. I can see it when I'm in Rom Manager though. I did make a copy of the backup via Rom Manager server and saved it to my computer. How do I restore this back to my phone so CWM can see it.

dvst8ion

May 27, 2010
This really sucks. I can not figure out how to get my backup into the secure section /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup. I tried to manually put it there using Root Explorer, but that doesnt work.. Really need help here.

grncherry

Mar 14, 2011
This really sucks. I can not figure out how to get my backup into the secure section /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup. I tried to manually put it there using Root Explorer, but that doesnt work.. Really need help here.

Maybe try to restore from Rom Manager. Maybe it will restore through their server the same way you backed up. Just a thought.Good luck.

grncherry

Mar 14, 2011
I have the Premium. It is only one way it looks like. It makes a Zip file, which from my research, is a flashable zip. However i try to flash it and it fails;

I think you have to flash it through your CWM recovery. Try to boot into recovery and hit install.Seems there's a backup and restore function through Rom Manager.
You may want to reflash your kernel too, just for the heck of it.

Last edited: