5,598,086 Members 41,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VZW][Team G*N]MIUI 3.8.2 - TouchWiz base - MMS fixed with apn edit

Tip us?

WarlockLord
Old
(Last edited by WarlockLord; 2nd August 2013 at 05:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 632
Default [VZW][Team G*N]MIUI 3.8.2 - TouchWiz base - MMS fixed with apn edit

INSTRUCTIONS)
1)Wipe data, cache, and dalvik
2) install Rom zip file
3) Boot into rom. You will likely have working 3g and not 4g. Setup the rom all the way through until you get to the homescreen.
4)Enable root using the permissions app in the security folder. Open an adb shell or run terminal emulator.
5)type su. Hit enter. Type "fixdata.sh" without the quotes. The device will reboot.
6) You will probably now have working 3g and 4g but no voice calls.
7) Apply a new MIUI theme to fix voice calling and reboot
8) PROFIT!

Google apps are now flashed seperately. Use 20121011 release.

ROOT: root works with my build.prop. Open the permissions app in the security center, and enable root.

If you are using an alternate build.prop, you need to remove the lines:
ro.build.type=user
ro.product_ship=true

I've figured out what's causing the sending MMS problem, and it's because the phone.apk can't read the MDN from the phone programming. Fixing it (for now, until I get a better phone.apk) means changing the MMSC lines in apn-conf.xml (which is located in /system/etc) to include your phone number in the string.

Change all the mmsc lines to:
mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=8605551212"

Of course replacing with your actual phone number and reboot. This should fix sending MMS.

As of 3.8.2, I have changed all the lines to mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=5555555555"

Replace 5555555555 with your actual phone number, save, fix permissions on the file if necessary, and reboot

If you accidentally go into mobile networks, just run "fixdata.sh" from terminal again

------------------

MIUI 3.8.2 adapted to verizon.

Touchwiz based (keep multiwindow and s-pen functions)

Themes work!!

A few force closes when you boot up but after that very smooth.

DO NOT GO INTO MOBILE NETWORK SCREEN OR YOU WILL LOSE LTE. THIS DOESN'T JUST MEAN DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Don't tap mobile networks AT ALL. If you do this, you will have to run fixdata.sh again

KNOWN ISSUES AS OF NOW:
Sending/Receiving MMS works with fix posted above
Phone.apk crashes a few times at bootup (turn off show force closes if you don't want to see it)
3G/1X always shows no signal regardless of actual strength
Going into mobile network screen completely kills LTE - Re-run "fixdata.sh" from terminal or adb shell
Stock theme causes Phone.apk to crash when making a call ---- switch to a different theme and reboot to fix

GOOGLE VOICE WORKS (FOR ME) AS OF 3.5.3

lbxmobbin_1 - For his sprint base, getting the ball rolling, and a bunch of tech support
aminalmo - For his AT&T base that I pulled a lot of ideas and info from

Last V4 version: http://72.10.98.226:9191/VZW.MIUI.3.1.25.A5.zip

Latest V5 version: http://72.10.98.226:9191/VZW.MIUI.3.8.2.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-26-09-58-32.jpg
Views:	14708
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1835055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-00-33.jpg
Views:	14542
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1835056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-28-16-26-45.jpg
Views:	12160
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1841089  
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to WarlockLord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jason1332
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Sweet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jason1332 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidOnRoids
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Default Re: [vzw]miui 3.1.25 - tw base

4.1.2 VRALJB? Or is that a typo? Anyways, looking forward to this.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
Current Device: Verizon Galaxy S3
Current Daily Driver: Stock ML1 Rooted

ddgarcia05
Old
Thanks Meter 122

Nice to see it's touchwiz base. I hope it's just as stable. Thanks for your hard work on getting it on the Verizon Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ddgarcia05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WarlockLord
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidOnRoids View Post
4.1.2 VRALJB? Or is that a typo? Anyways, looking forward to this.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
I'm pretty sure that info is populated by build.prop... and I just have a stock one in there right now... it should be fixed by release time

WarlockLord
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgarcia05 View Post
Nice to see it's touchwiz base. I hope it's just as stable. Thanks for your hard work on getting on the Verizon Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
It wasn't easy. The more knowledgeable devs refused to help me because they thought I was competing with them or something.

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1041

Yes! So excited for this

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to hopesrequiem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shangrila500
Old
(Last edited by shangrila500; 26th March 2013 at 04:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 425

I have been waiting on this since I got this phone. I can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockLord View Post
It wasn't easy. The more knowledgeable devs refused to help me because they thought I was competing with them or something.
I had that problem when I was messing with AOSP on the GS3, I never could get everything figured out, but I eventually found a couple of devs that helped me enormously. The thing I found out is that for every dev that will help you there will be 5 that are either too busy or they are working on the same thing and won't help you cause they think you're competing with them.

That being said, there are a ton of devs on XDA that are great guys/gals and will help you no questions asked.

EDIT:

I just noticed the Mobile Network error you have posted. That was one of the problems on the Verizon Galaxy S3 to start out with as well. One of the devs, Bleelas, had to rewrite the RIL to fix it. If you cant figure it out it may be worth a try to ask him, or the current dev who has taken over his version of MIUI StrumerJohn, and see if they can give you any pointers.

Sorry for the long reply and hijacking your development thread, I just thought that was something you'd wanna know. If not lemme know and I will modify my reply.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shangrila500 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbrown30
Old
Thanks Meter 67

Always excited for a new and different ROM! Looks like I will just be using to play around with for now but I'm excited to see it become more stable! Keep up the good work

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

ahjee
Old
Thanks Meter 212

Stoked!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2