[Q] MJ5 'safe' ? If not, what to avoid?

Search This thread

washi

Apr 3, 2007
Hi All,

I have a 4.3 custom rom and the MJ5 bootloader.
Mostly I have read that the bootloader is safe and the warranty flag will not be triggered.
However some posts speak about a warranty flag 0x1 while using MJ5.

Is the bootloader completely safe or are there some things I should not flash? (Besides newer bootloader)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
It's not warranty flag, it is Knox flag. It doesn't have anything in common with warranty :) And yes, MJ5 is safe since it has no Knox.

congminh1709

Dec 7, 2011
It's not warranty flag, it is Knox flag. It doesn't have anything in common with warranty :) And yes, MJ5 is safe since it has no Knox.
Does this mean with MJ5 bootloader I can root, flash custom recovery and nonknox-firmware by PC Odin or knox-firmware by Mobile Odin freely without worrying about knox flag 0 to 1?

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Does this mean with MJ5 bootloader I can root, flash custom recovery and nonknox-firmware by PC Odin or knox-firmware by Mobile Odin freely without worrying about knox flag 0 to 1?

You can flash custom recovery (Phils v5.15 recommended) and custom ROMs. The only thing that will change is flash counter, but you can reset that with Triangle Away (will be increased each time you go to recovery, so you must run triangle away again), but you don't have to worry about KNOX, if you don't flash ROM wih KNOX (that is update bootloader). ROMs that are flashed from ODIN can have bootloader but if you flash from RECOVERY then you don't have to worry because these ROMs can't have bootloader.

congminh1709

Dec 7, 2011
You can flash custom recovery (Phils v5.15 recommended) and custom ROMs. The only thing that will change is flash counter, but you can reset that with Triangle Away (will be increased each time you go to recovery, so you must run triangle away again), but you don't have to worry about KNOX, if you don't flash ROM wih KNOX (that is update bootloader). ROMs that are flashed from ODIN can have bootloader but if you flash from RECOVERY then you don't have to worry because these ROMs can't have bootloader.
It means if I flash stock ROM 4.3+ wih KNOX by PC Odin (update bootloader), does knox flag security change 0 to 1? If knox security is 1 then no way to revert back to 0?

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
It means if I flash stock ROM 4.3+ wih KNOX by PC Odin (update bootloader), does knox flag security change 0 to 1? If knox security is 1 then no way to revert back to 0?

No, if you flash STOCK 4.3+ with KNOX, you will have KNOX security and you will not be able to DOWNGRADE bootloader ever again. Only if you try to flash other non-official ROM without KNOX, will you have KNOX security 1.

And yes - there is no way to reverse KNOX security back to 0.

Reactions: congminh1709

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, if you flash STOCK 4.3+ with KNOX, you will have KNOX security and you will not be able to DOWNGRADE bootloader ever again. Only if you try to flash other non-official ROM without KNOX, will you have KNOX security 1.

And yes - there is no way to reverse KNOX security back to 0.