Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hangouts on 4.4.2

Tip us?

magda623
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] Hangouts on 4.4.2

While hangouts was nice when it first came out, I find it irritating now. The real pain in the azz is that it is the stock messenger in BeanStalk 4.4.2. No MMS.APK file is included. Does anyone have an apk that would be compatible with this version? I have several 4.4 ROM's. Didn't know if I could extract that apk and use it.

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by magda623 View Post
While hangouts was nice when it first came out, I find it irritating now. The real pain in the azz is that it is the stock messenger in BeanStalk 4.4.2. No MMS.APK file is included. Does anyone have an apk that would be compatible with this version? I have several 4.4 ROM's. Didn't know if I could extract that apk and use it.
I don't see why it wouldn't work! If you have an apk that was used in a previous 4.4 build then lace it in the system folder and it should work fine!
N5 EHNDROIX V 14.8.8
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye. Galaxy S III GOOD RIDDEN!!!

gairom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default should work fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by magda623 View Post
any messaging app should be fine, I used Go SMS and other apps with no problem.
by the way, there were few recent updates to hangouts and they improved it, I use it now, so I suggest you will update to most recent version through google play and try again.
Good luck!

magda623
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't work! If you have an apk that was used in a previous 4.4 build then lace it in the system folder and it should work fine!
Thats the thing. 4.4 does not come with an mms.apk file. 4.3 was the last build that had one. And when I put it into the apk folder and try and run it, it force closes and my current messaging app fk's up.

suaverc118
Old
Thanks Meter 1,265
Just download messenger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tribalartgod
Old
Thanks Meter 479

DONATE TO ME
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tsms.mms&hl=en

Need an Alpha or Beta tester? Inbox me!