Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Finally Ipad smoothness : Onda V975M Quad Core 2.0GHz 9.7 Inch Retina Screen

Tip us?

CoopZor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by enr88 View Post
Hi at all, i received the tab yesterday, upgrade Fw with v1.0.5, And all run fine.. Just a problem when i swich off/on the screen i see unmount/mount external SD card...anyone have this ?

Inviato dal mio V975m Core4 con Tapatalk 4
Yes it's normal, I have the same.
Does SwiftKey runs smoothly at your end? And youtube?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk

enr88
Old
(Last edited by enr88; 28th January 2014 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
OK, but i think that isn't normal behaviour...with v1.0.5 app YouTube dont work, work fine tubemate o youtube in stock browser. I dont know about swiftkey, because i dont have it installed now...

Edit.update about swiftkey, that not run smoothly...

Robert_it
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have now played with my new Onda V975M for a couple of days and like others I am quite impressed about the build quality, screen and the feel in general.
Speakers is mediocre at best not even close to an IPAD, screen is bright and crisp, charging port is also a full micro USB (finally on a Chinese tablet), Micro HDMI as well (have not tested that yet) and I have stuck a 32Gb MicroSD in the slot for video and media only as the internal memory also is 32GB again nice with a cheap Chinese Tablet with plenty of storage.. Do not seems to get hot even with extended heavy use.
Cant really give a clear picture on battery because I have charged it every night last couple of days but even with heavy use during a full day the lowest I have had it is around 27%.

It does however feel like like there is a lot of lost/hidden potential in this tablet. I am absolutely sure if anybody where to make a CM11 for this it would be a hole new beast. Better drivers for both processor and GPU is needed.
I am experiencing stuttering both with YouTube and streaming video from other video streaming sites. It does shut WiFi AND memory card off when in sleep but both fires up really quick when woken up. It also seems to get slow'ish if a lot of APP's is open at a time, again with the processor speed and GPU it should be a real powerhouse. If you look at the specs only it do NOT perform as expected. I can't emphasise how much I am looking forward to some clever bloke is launching a custom performance ROM for this...

Please Please get to work...

Still I would recommend this to a friend... best bang for the buck right now I think??

Robert
Nexus 5
Flash-oholic
Sanity-Harp CM11 Briked Kernel...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert_it For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoopZor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
I agree, this could be a great Nexus device if we could get a custom rom.

Scorp84
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am really satisfied with the tablet overall. If Onda releases KitKat, this tab will be a killer regarding the price. The predecessor, the normal 975 has already official 4.4 update from onda. I think it is only a matter of time before they bring it to our device.

Gesendet von meinem V975m Core4 mit Tapatalk

CoopZor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp84 View Post
I am really satisfied with the tablet overall. If Onda releases KitKat, this tab will be a killer regarding the price. The predecessor, the normal 975 has already official 4.4 update from onda. I think it is only a matter of time before they bring it to our device.

Is there a onda forum where we can suggest things we want to add?

enr88
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_it View Post
I have now played with my new Onda V975M for a couple of days and like others I am quite impressed about the build quality, screen and the feel in general.
Speakers is mediocre at best not even close to an IPAD, screen is bright and crisp, charging port is also a full micro USB (finally on a Chinese tablet), Micro HDMI as well (have not tested that yet) and I have stuck a 32Gb MicroSD in the slot for video and media only as the internal memory also is 32GB again nice with a cheap Chinese Tablet with plenty of storage.. Do not seems to get hot even with extended heavy use.
Cant really give a clear picture on battery because I have charged it every night last couple of days but even with heavy use during a full day the lowest I have had it is around 27%.

It does however feel like like there is a lot of lost/hidden potential in this tablet. I am absolutely sure if anybody where to make a CM11 for this it would be a hole new beast. Better drivers for both processor and GPU is needed.
I am experiencing stuttering both with YouTube and streaming video from other video streaming sites. It does shut WiFi AND memory card off when in sleep but both fires up really quick when woken up. It also seems to get slow'ish if a lot of APP's is open at a time, again with the processor speed and GPU it should be a real powerhouse. If you look at the specs only it do NOT perform as expected. I can't emphasise how much I am looking forward to some clever bloke is launching a custom performance ROM for this...

Please Please get to work...

Still I would recommend this to a friend... best bang for the buck right now I think??

Robert
Wifi off when screen off is bug of the latest Fw,like youtube bug,because in v1.0.4 there arent.
For fix WiFi off we van just replace the "module" /system/lib/dhd.Ko with the one present in the Fw 1.0.4

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

zac68
Old
(Last edited by zac68; 29th January 2014 at 05:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgolemis View Post
Does enyone knows how to root Onda 975M step by step please in english?
Root instructions and a link to the required files here.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/1006...75m/?p=1148265

***Update***
Root is not permanent. It seems to disappear after a few reboots.

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr88 View Post
Hi at all, i received the tab yesterday, upgrade Fw with v1.0.5, And all run fine.. Just a problem when i swich off/on the screen i see unmount/mount external SD card...anyone have this ?

My 64GB card works fine but the 32GB one unmounts whenever I lock my screen. I've read that the solution is to reformat the card in the tablet. I'll try it out later after I backup the card.

***Update***
Had to format my 32GB card in my Galaxy Note 3 as there no option to do it in the V975m.
Tested my newly formatted card in the Tablet, but the problem still persists.
Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) - Unlocked Android 4.3
ASUS Transformer TF300T - Unlocked Android 4.2.1

Scorp84
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopZor View Post
Is there a onda forum where we can suggest things we want to add?

I have not found a support email address on the original Onda website. There are only phone numbers but my Chinese isn't that good

CoopZor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Ow okay then we have to do it ourselves, is there anyone capable of dooing this?