[POLL] Which Operating System do you want to have on I9082?

Which Operating System do you want to have on your I9082?

• Android Open-Source Project (AOSP)

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Ubuntu Touch

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Samsung Tizen

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Jolla Sailfish OS (after its release)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • MeeGo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox OS

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • // None of the above //

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
I want to know that I9082 users love which one of these operating systems! :D

At the end of this poll, I will build the chosen operating system... :victory:

(According to the licenses of these operating systems and the laws of my country, I can't use reverse-engineering to port Dual-SIM to them.)

If i be true...ubuntu touch is best idea..
Reason behind it is there are already 4.4.2 roms we have...we have experienced many diffrnt roms with latest kitkat taste...
Its time to taste the real Linux-only power with ubuntu...
I donno if someone polls foe other ..but seriously guys...another operationg system with just linux is really cool..
Many may not say yes with what i am saying...
But who are in support and know real meaning what we really need as a new flavor and experience, may consider this please...(and hit thanks too :p..)
Thanks to dev above my post who is giving his time for this to us...
God bless...

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
Reason behind it is there are already 4.4.2 roms we have...we have experienced many diffrnt roms with latest kitkat taste...
I donno if someone polls foe other ..but seriously guys...another operationg system with just linux is really cool..
But who are in support and know real meaning what we really need as a new flavor and experience, may consider this please...(and hit thanks too :p..)
God bless...

I think the Linux kernel used in both Ubuntu Touch and Android do not differ that much because they are both ARM-specialized... But yeah Ubuntu Touch is awesome, gesture-based navigation in it will fit beautifully on our 5 inch screen..

##W4TCH0UT##

Oct 7, 2013
\\___TheMiddleOfNowhere___//
I think the Linux kernel used in both Ubuntu Touch and Android do not differ that much because they are both ARM-specialized... But yeah Ubuntu Touch is awesome, gesture-based navigation in it will fit beautifully on our 5 inch screen..

I also vouch for Ubuntu Touch.
I think it is time for us to experience the real Ubuntu flavour.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk Pro

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
I never am the impatient one :p..but seriously bro..the poll will be closed in june..i mean.....
Does it mean the development will start after that particular period?(after poll till 5months :| )..or u will do on presumption of a winner :p..
Just asking..no ETA..no request to do soon..just wanted to know that whats on devs mind :).
Thanks for support again...
Sorry if rude :).

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

DataUnit

Dec 30, 2012
Isfahan
hadi77.ir
I never am the impatient one :p..but seriously bro..the poll will be closed in june..i mean.....
Does it mean the development will start after that particular period?(after poll till 5months :| )..or u will do on presumption of a winner :p..
Just asking..no ETA..no request to do soon..just wanted to know that whats on devs mind :).

I won't wait for 5 Months!!!! :laugh:
This is the activity of this thread, after a month I'll start my work! :)

RIPPER

Sep 5, 2012
From Heavens
Someone previously also asked question I want to build an OS suggest. but we don't where he is now,:D:D KIDDING!!

Ubuntu will be best choice with best LINUX experience:good:

Reactions: raghavsharmaxda

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai

Hehe :p..thanks for all these efforts ....:)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Someone previously also asked question I want to build an OS suggest. but we don't where he is now,:D:D KIDDING!!

Ubuntu will be best choice with best LINUX experience:good:

Hahahaha xD...that's true ....
I actually gone on Ubuntu site...and was amazed by its all features(and best part of no java including)..plus side is..its officially for 3-4devices only..while ported are 31 ubuntu"'s....(even for s2).and 21 under development... They say its as same and easy as porting AOSP Roms...(I donno how they call it easy :|..I sometimes fine even logcats as pain :p )...
But if that's true...it's amazing idea and eagerly waiting for it ... :D..:thumbup: yo :p

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Hehe :p..thanks for all these efforts ....:)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Hahahaha xD...that's true ....
I actually gone on Ubuntu site...and was amazed by its all features(and best part of no java including)..plus side is..its officially for 3-4devices only..while ported are 31 ubuntu"'s....(even for s2).and 21 under development... They say its as same and easy as porting AOSP Roms...(I donno how they call it easy :|..I sometimes find even logcats as pain :p )...
But if that's true...it's amazing idea and eagerly waiting for it ... :D..:thumbup: yo :p

Reactions: RIPPER

RIPPER

Sep 5, 2012
From Heavens
Its hell lot of work to compile ubuntu but its rightly said by someone Developers are like Angel. :D

I would like to share i was building a ROM a week back name "Beanstalk" for our grand but was stuck on bootloop. Everything went right but unfortunately it got stuck. This ROM took me weeks to get basics right then after putting in SD card and flashing, i was like :crying::crying::crying: though i got installed and able to saw a beautiful boot screen of beanstalk:D:D

Anyways good luck to DEV who is trying to build ubuntu touch:good:

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
@DataUnit is it possible to build webOS for our Grand? Lol I know it's a bit obsolete right now and very far-fetched, but webOS has a similar Linux kernel like Android. HP Touchpad, the only webOS tablet before webOS's death was actually flashed with Android during manufacturing process, so I think it is possible to port webOS to Android devices. Even better is that almost all parts of webOS is now open source. :good:

DataUnit

Dec 30, 2012
Isfahan
hadi77.ir
@DataUnit is it possible to build webOS for our Grand? Lol I know it's a bit obsolete right now and very far-fetched, but webOS has a similar Linux kernel like Android. HP Touchpad, the only webOS tablet before webOS's death was actually flashed with Android during manufacturing process, so I think it is possible to port webOS to Android devices. Even better is that almost all parts of webOS is now open source. :good:

New version of webOS has been developed for Smart TVs and I think it's not for smartphones, but if you think you can port it with compiling the source code.
Since its source is too different than Android and AOSP, it needs a lot of hard work to port it to Grand or any other Android device.

Reactions: naufalhadyan

DataUnit

Dec 30, 2012
Isfahan
hadi77.ir

As far as I know, LG is the developer of webOS (now!), and they are working on it to make it an operating system for Smart TVs! :p
But everything in my world is possible! :cool:

Reactions: naufalhadyan

bhsiddharth

Mar 26, 2013
Chill mahn... :p...don't be DAT impatient ( even I am.. :p..still )...developer might be busy ..so let's give him his time...
And don't ask at least before Feb 14...*kidding*...
Just relax...dev will let us know when he all have time :)

It seems like you are being very desperate for Valentine's day. Lol just kidding. But i just wanted to know the end date of this poll.

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Hey @DataUnit .. Umm ..just wanted to ask that are u planning to develop soon or later :).*no of fence* just impatient kinda :|..many are in fact :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(According to the licenses of these operating systems and the laws of my country, I can't use reverse-engineering to port Dual-SIM to them.)

God bless...
    God bless...

Its hell lot of work to compile ubuntu but its rightly said by someone Developers are like Angel. :D

I would like to share i was building a ROM a week back name "Beanstalk" for our grand but was stuck on bootloop. Everything went right but unfortunately it got stuck. This ROM took me weeks to get basics right then after putting in SD card and flashing, i was like :crying::crying::crying: though i got installed and able to saw a beautiful boot screen of beanstalk:D:D

Anyways good luck to DEV who is trying to build ubuntu touch:good: