[ROM][I317/I317M][4.4.2] Infamous Open Android Project - GN2 :: 03/23/2014
You know, standard disclaimer: YOU USE THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you don't want to take the chance of screwing your phone up or don't know what you're doing, just stop now. I hold no liability or responsibility. This is not a commercial operation and is the first ROM I've posted in several weeks because my job is a dog and drains my time and energy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Welcome to the Infamous Open Android Project
IOAP is now live for the Note 2 I317/I317M, starting with v3.59. IOKP 4.3 has taken a back seat for the time being as we work to bring you this awesome KitKat option for your Note 2's. I run this as a daily driver and am quite happy with it.
IOAP brings you the smooth performance you expect from a AOSP/CM base but provides several tweaks like AOKP.
- Active Display
- Multi Window
- Gesture Anywhere
- Lots of custom animation control
- Custom progressbar
- Init.d and Build.prop mod option in Settings - choose your poison
- GPS Optimizer - select the right locale for your location
- OmniSwitch on board
- Toggle on Recents with Slim
- All kinds of other awesome
Check it out - thanks to Sam at MobileTechVideos.com for this great review!
IOAP Note 2 ATT Review - MobileTechVideos
I will spice up the OP when I have a bit more time but wanted to release this to you guys tonight. I recommend the IOKP 4.4.2 Gapps package as that's what I use and it gives you a nifty font. Slim Gapps should work though too. Choose your poison boys and girls.
- GPS Optimizer may FC Settings. Pulled for now.
- Sound pack option may not be working yet.
- On The Go mode toggle seems to be broken but adding to Power Menu via Buttons option in IOAP Settings works just dandy
- Some lag on wakeup for this device... Investigating.
- Weird UI behavior in-call sometimes
- You tell me...it's a beta, so...
LATEST ROM DOWNLOAD LINK
IOAP 3.62 - Galaxy Note 2 i317/i317m
PA 4.4.2 GAPPS (only Gapps package tested with 3.62
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION
- Of course download the ROM package and your Gapps
- Reboot into recovery (all personal testing done with PhilZ Touch 6.00.8-t0lteatt. Use other recovery options at your discretion)
- Back up your current ROM
- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, format /system
- Flash the ROM
- Flash your Gapps
- Reboot, have a beer, then set up your phone.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ALTERNATIVE KERNELS HAVE BEEN TESTED WITH THIS ROM. If a different kernel works for you, cool beans. But I haven't tested anything other than what compiles with the ROM so please don't complain if you're using a different one...thx.
- You may notice for the first couple of days that the battery eats up quick. Give it a couple of full cycles and things should settle down.
- I cannot be held responsible for any messes made within your household, place of employment, etc. if your mind is blown as a result of installing this ROM.
BIG THANKS GO TO:
- Jamison904 - founder, big cheese, general fearless leader
- Mr Impossible - the IMPOSSIBLE code maintainer extraordinaire. This guy puts in serious time, thank you man!
- All of Team Infamous for building for their own devices and spreading the love
- CM for obvious reasons
- AOKP for obvious reasons
- Google for obvious reasons
- Countless others. Nothing here is claimed as proprietary, just our compilation of a bunch of awesome in one place.
Kernel Source (thank you CM)
Once the ROM is good and stable we'll see what else could potentially be done to this kernel.
Flash away. Peace.
IOAP_KK, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II
, Mr Impossible
ROM OS Version: