XT925 re Kit kat

Search This thread

kenrw7

Dec 19, 2012
Have any XT925 owners received ota update to kitkat.
If not any rumours as to when to expect

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

djvita

Sep 9, 2013
Guadalajara
no ETA...

I've been looking at Punit Soni's Google + account, there is no ETA.

He told me that we have to wait for qualcomm to update the binaries and drivers for the Soc/radios, and then they will update, first unlocked/dev editions, then branded ones.

there is no timeframe, but samsung will update the sgs3 (the US version has the same chipset) in late Q1

http://www.android.gs/samsung-galax...e-to-arrive-by-the-end-of-march-says-insider/

as far as ive seen, they will bring kitkat to last years phones, then 2012 phones.

so IMO, i think it will be april/may if you have a phone on contract...

alas, i think its the last update it will receive.
i asked him if they would dump the kernel like they did on the moto x and moto g and they will do so for the xt926 developer edition.

so once KK rolls out, expect better custom ROMs...

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Read a nasty rumor that the '13 models (Ultra, Maxx, Mini) were receiving the OTA and many phones were bricking. Moto stopped the OTAs on those phones to figure out what was wrong, so we might have slightly longer to wait then originally planned...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no ETA...

I've been looking at Punit Soni's Google + account, there is no ETA.

He told me that we have to wait for qualcomm to update the binaries and drivers for the Soc/radios, and then they will update, first unlocked/dev editions, then branded ones.

there is no timeframe, but samsung will update the sgs3 (the US version has the same chipset) in late Q1

http://www.android.gs/samsung-galax...e-to-arrive-by-the-end-of-march-says-insider/

as far as ive seen, they will bring kitkat to last years phones, then 2012 phones.

so IMO, i think it will be april/may if you have a phone on contract...

alas, i think its the last update it will receive.
    i asked him if they would dump the kernel like they did on the moto x and moto g and they will do so for the xt926 developer edition.

so once KK rolls out, expect better custom ROMs...