Post Reply

Rooting KitKat 4.4 I9505XXUFNA5 ??

OP boss-619

22nd January 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Hello,

I just have upgrading my i9505 to 4.4.2 I9505XXUFNA5 KitKat.

I tried to root my 9505 after upgrade with CF-root "jfltexx", but after i got PASS on Odin, i opened SuperSU and i got message "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. this is a problem!!"


How to solve this problem? Is there any upgrade to CF-root jfltexx?
22nd January 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,049
 
1,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-619

Hello,

I just have upgrading my i9505 to 4.4.2 I9505XXUFNA5 KitKat.

I tried to root my 9505 after upgrade with CF-root "jfltexx", but after i got PASS on Odin, i opened SuperSU and i got message "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. this is a problem!!"


How to solve this problem? Is there any upgrade to CF-root jfltexx?

Remember after flashing Root/custom your warranty is now void.

Flash a Custom recovery iE: Philz ,CWM, TWRP and download a Su-Binary and put it in your sdcard ,and boot into recovery mode. and flash SuperSU Binary .Done
22nd January 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Remember after flashing Root/custom your warranty is now void.

Flash a Custom recovery iE: Philz ,CWM, TWRP and download a Su-Binary and put it in your sdcard ,and boot into recovery mode. and flash SuperSU Binary .Done

I know, i don't care about warranty!
and Why should i flash a custom rom and flash SuperSU???

I already flash CF-Root via Odin and it doesn't work!!!!
22nd January 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,049
 
1,865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-619

I know, i don't care about warranty!
and Why should i flash a custom rom and flash SuperSU???

I already flash CF-Root via Odin and it doesn't work!!!!

Yea i dont care either.. Im here to help you. and i said flash a Custom recovery not a ROM . that file is a su binary that your missing either you reflash CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip and to see if its gonna get fix or not..if your problem still persist i hope someone can help you. Have a nice day
Last edited by Repulsa; 22nd January 2014 at 10:56 AM.
22nd January 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Remember after flashing Root/custom your warranty is now void.

Flash a Custom recovery iE: Philz ,CWM, TWRP and download a Su-Binary and put it in your sdcard ,and boot into recovery mode. and flash SuperSU Binary .Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Yea i dont care either.. Im here to help you. and i said flash a Custom recovery not a ROM . that file is a su binary that your missing either you reflash CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip and to see if its gonna get fix or not..if your problem still persist i hope someone can help you. Have a nice day

I tried to reflash the CF-Root again, and it doesn't work??!
Maybe jfltexx doesn't support 4.4.2 android KitKat!
22nd January 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #6  
Nininho1995's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
you must to flash the super su update zip for the new 4.4.2 Roms my friend

If you have installed the CF autoroot you must to flash philz Revovery or CWM

and then flash this zip Link
23rd January 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nininho1995

you must to flash the super su update zip for the new 4.4.2 Roms my friend

If you have installed the CF autoroot you must to flash philz Revovery or CWM

and then flash this zip Link


I also did that, and seems that is rooted, but when i go to ES file explorer to open root directory, it says it's empty!!!!

I cannot view root directory or open it???!!! something is missing in CF Root "jfltexx"
23rd January 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #8  
Pfeffernuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 732
 
2,978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-619


I also did that, and seems that is rooted, but when i go to ES file explorer to open root directory, it says it's empty!!!!

I cannot view root directory or open it???!!! something is missing in CF Root "jfltexx"

LMFAO. That directory is *always* empty and has nothing to do with being rooted or not

23rd January 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #9  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 256
 
799 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-619


I also did that, and seems that is rooted, but when i go to ES file explorer to open root directory, it says it's empty!!!!

I cannot view root directory or open it???!!! something is missing in CF Root "jfltexx"

Download this and flash it through CWM (or any custom recovery you're using) After that, update the app from the play store. (And update the binary if requested to.)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
23rd January 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nininho1995

you must to flash the super su update zip for the new 4.4.2 Roms my friend

If you have installed the CF autoroot you must to flash philz Revovery or CWM

and then flash this zip Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

LMFAO. That directory is *always* empty and has nothing to do with being rooted or not

No, it should be able to open!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank