Help SD card not detecting in any rom

Search This thread

YedaAnna

Jun 16, 2013
Pune
Hello People,
Plz help me. my SD card is not getting detected in any custom rom. I have tried CM 11 beta 3, paranoidandroid 4.0+, Beanstalk 4.4.2.
plz note the card is detected in the recovery [I am using TWRP 2.6.3.0].
My card is sandisk 8gb class 4.
It was working fine on CM11 beta 2 with 1 partition. but then for installing Cm11 beta 3 i went with AmalD's method of using 3 SD partitions but it got stuck in a bootloop at the CM logo. so i decided to revert back to CM11 beta 2 with single partition but now the card doesnt get detected. i have tried using other roms too as mentioned above.

please help . thanks in advance.

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Hello People,
Plz help me. my SD card is not getting detected in any custom rom. I have tried CM 11 beta 3, paranoidandroid 4.0+, Beanstalk 4.4.2.
It was working fine on CM11 beta 2 with 1 partition. but then for installing Cm11 beta 3 i went with AmalD's method of using 3 SD partitions but it got stuck in a bootloop at the CM logo. so i decided to revert back to CM11 beta 2 with single partition but now the card doesnt get detected. i have tried using other roms too as mentioned above.

First make a backup of your card by connecting it to the PC..

See if it detects the card in the PC.. Now open minitool select that drive.. Delete it.. Then click on that.. Create partition as fat32.. now place it in your phone.. Create partition using recovery..

Reactions: YedaAnna

YedaAnna

Jun 16, 2013
Pune

See if it detects the card in the PC.. Now open minitool select that drive.. Delete it.. Then click on that.. Create partition as fat32.. now place it in your phone.. Create partition using recovery..

Thanks man :) worked perfectly. So is it the case that i cannot use roms that utilize multiple partitions.. should i buy a class 10 card or something...

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Thanks man :) worked perfectly. So is it the case that i cannot use roms that utilize multiple partitions.. should i buy a class 10 card or something...

No Its not the issue of the card its related to the partition order or might be type you can say..

You are not alone in this partitioning thing even i tried this my card is class 10 still i faced bootloop :laugh: so instead of creating partition i delete some apps from rom then flash it. Then manually place the deleted apps in system folder through a file manager..:highfive:

YedaAnna

Jun 16, 2013
Pune
No Its not the issue of the card its related to the partition order or might be type you can say..

You are not alone in this partitioning thing even i tried this my card is class 10 still i faced bootloop :laugh: so instead of creating partition i delete some apps from rom then flash it. Then manually place the deleted apps in system folder through a file manager..:highfive:

well i'm just gonna have to stick using single partitions for the time being and wait for galaxyfreak to release the beta 4 for CM11. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello People,