Install Clockworkmod Recovery and root
- Install USB driver
- Connect your phone as MTP and copy on Phone memory the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file ( without unzip it)
- Remove your phone
- Extract file recovery.tar.md5 from Recovery CWM in your desktop
- Turn off your S7580
- Press and hold Volume DOWN + Home + Power until you can read a Warning screen and press Volume UP to continue
- Connect your phone to pc and wait for driver installing...
- Open Odin 3.07 and the ID:COM should turn blue
- UntickAuto Reboot and F. Reset Time
- Click on PDA and select file recovery.tar.md5
- Press Start button
- When you read PASS! unplug the usb cable
- Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power until screen turn off
- Release only Power button and you are on CWM Recovery...
- Select (use Volume up/down and select with Power button) install zip -> choose zip from internal sdcard-> 0/
- Select the Root zip and Yes - Install ..
- After all is done select reboot system now
Press and hold Home + Volume UP + Power buttons for 5s to boot into cwm recovery mode.
If you boot in stock recovery, after flashing CWM Recovery, you have to:
- download Root Browser from Play Store
- rename file install-recover.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak in /system/etc folder of your phone
I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2
If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?