Taking back our right to privacy
Ability to send documents and mutiple photos from external apps.
Fixed some issues with contacts.
Fixed contact duplication in phone book after contact rename
Delete, add, rename contacts, proper handling of new contacts in phone book
New photo crop
Toggle automatic photo download
Toggle 'contact joined' notifications
Updated Spanish localization
Fixed video recording on some samsung tablets
Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security. It’s superfast, simple and free.
With Telegram, you can create group chats with up to 200 people so you can stay connected with everyone at once. Plus, you can share videos up to 1GB, send multiple photos from the web, and forward any media you receive in an instant. All your messages are in the cloud, so you can easily access them from any of your devices.
For those interested in maximum privacy, we've added Secret Chats, featuring end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient. When it comes to Secret Chats, nothing is logged on our servers and you can automatically program the messages to self-destruct from both devices so there is never any record of it.
We built Telegram to make messaging safe again so you can take back your right to privacy.
Why Switch to Telegram?
FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market because it uses a decentralized infrastructure with data centers positioned around the globe to connect people to the closest possible server.
SECURE: Security flaws in popular apps like WhatsApp have gotten a lot of bad press recently, so we made it our mission to provide the best security on the market.
CLOUD STORAGE: Never lose your data again! Telegram offers free unlimited cloud storage for all your Telegram messages and media that you can securely access from multiple devices.
GROUP CHAT & SHARING: With Telegram, you can form large group chats (up to 100 members), quickly share gigabyte size videos, and send all the photos you want to friends.
RELIABLE: Built to deliver your messages in the minimum bytes possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It even works on the weakest mobile connections!
100% FREE & NO ADS: Telegram is free and will always be free. We do not plan to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.
PRIVACY: We take your privacy very seriously and will never give third parties access to your data!
For real-time support, please go to settings in Telegram and select “Ask a Question” to send a message directly to our support staff (phone number 333). You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't like Facebook knowing everything about you through Whatsapp this is the thing to switch to. It feels super slick and fast. It has better options then any other messaging app has at the moment and it's growing bigger and bigger. Hope the community can give the attention this app deserves and makes it the new messaging app on Android/iOS/WP and PC.
THIS APP IS NOT MINE. I just want to give it attention since more people should use this amazing application.
Really good explanation from: Ba7rani123
Many people are ranting that its the same as whatsapp so whats the use ? or Its not really secure because it uses your phone number
To know if an app is secure or not we have to look at 4 things:
- Where is the company based ?
- Who made it ?
- Are the protocols secure ?
- It is as Russian company with servers in British Ivory Islands(which keeps it away from the russian gov and the NSA)
- It was founded by the brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov who are the founders of VK and are known to support wikileaks and other "pro-privacy" organisations
- It uses their own protocol "MTProto". The company said it would give 200,000 bitcoins to anyone who can find a bug in their protocol. 3 Russion analysts found a few issues and they were given 100,000 and the issues were fixed as soon as possible. Other companies like whatsapp dont care because for many years it has been sending our texts without any encryption and now it uses a very weak type of encryption which can be easily broken by the NSA.
But... Why is it better than Whats app ?
- All Chats are encrypted. It uses its own encryption(MTProto) which was made to have a balance between speed and security.
- In "Secret Chats" the encryption is Client/Client meaning even the builders of this app cannot see your conversations. Here you cannot access them using the could. That's why secret chat isn't used as default
- It is Open-source
- It allows you to send files up to 1GB in size
- Allows you to send documents, zip or rar files
- It has a cloud feature meaning I can access my chats from my computer and other devices, some may see this as insecure.
- It uses phone numbers(actually its not a big issue since your phone number is already all over the net !!)
- Its exactly like whats app ? well its more of a Pro than a con because anyone can easily change to this with the above advantages
Nothing is 100% secure but it is definitely more secure than any other app here. Also, it will remain free according to their FAQ because their goal is PRIVACY. Also, their may be an option to remove the "Last seen" in the future. Their FAQ answers many questions if you have any head over their.
you can use Google translate to read it