Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T9 not working on stock dialer .136

Tip us?

coffee black
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default T9 not working on stock dialer .136

I used Nut's method of updating to .136 and discovered the stock dialer does not use T9 for contact search anymore. For example if I wish to call Jason, I would type 52766 and a list of my contacts with the name Jason would be shortlisted. This does not happen anymore. Is there a way to fix this other than using a 3rd party dialer?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Did you try a factory reset after update, sometime this clean the phone after update.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

coffee black
Old
(Last edited by coffee black; 4th February 2014 at 05:54 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Did you try a factory reset after update, sometime this clean the phone after update.
Factory reset AFTER update? Oh, I didn't do that. What I did was before flashing .136, I cleaned out all the cache and internal storage then did a factory reset.

Ok how do I do a factory reset in TWRP? I can't find that option.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee black View Post
Factory reset AFTER update? Oh, I didn't do that. What I did was before flashing .136, I cleaned out all the cache and internal storage then did a factory reset.

Ok how do I do a factory reset in TWRP? I can't find that option.
Factory Reset in Android?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coffee black
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Factory Reset in Android?
It's working! Just have to go through hours of customising the preferences of my apps again. I'll have to keep testing the phone function after each app install to pinpoint the one that breaks it.