Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

firmware 6.3.3 -=Post your rooting progress here=-

Tip us?

Kafluke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default firmware 6.3.3 -=Post your rooting progress here=-

All attempts that I have made to root this Kindle Fire on 6.3.3 have failed. KFU fails. Towelroot fails. Nothin.

Kafluke
Old
(Last edited by Kafluke; 20th June 2014 at 11:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Ok so I was at least able to use a factory cable to put the kindle into fastboot mode. After that I was able to flash FFF and TWRP and then flash a stock 6.3.2 Rom which is rootable.

Also you can install custom rom from this point. Not exactly succeeding and rooting stock 6.3.3 but its a start.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kafluke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jblindy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafluke View Post
Ok so I was at least able to use a factory cable to put the kindle into fastboot mode. After that I was able to flash FFF and TWRP and then flash a stock 6.3.2 Rom which is rootable.

Also you can install custom rom from this point. Not exactly succeeding and rooting stock 4.3.3 but its a start.
Please post steps in flashing firmware 6.3.2. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back though, because I reset to factory settings before I realized that the firmware had updated.

overground
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Thanks Meter 1166
Location: Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Quote:

Also you can install custom rom from this point. Not exactly succeeding and rooting stock 4.3.3 but its a start.
So how are you preventing it from taking another OTA of 6.3.3?

T-mobile SDA, T-mobile G1 (bronze) Rooted, Nexus One Rooted 4.0.4, T-mobile G2x Rooted, Viewsonic G-tab 10.1", HTC OneX (SOLD), Kindle Fire Rooted, T-mobile SGS3 rooted, Note 10.1 rooted / GDE=360s of fun!! / pinkventure.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumfuq View Post
That is correct. Or you cold use the escape sequence instead of quotes.
Code:
sh /system/sd/bart.sh Double\ post -d -u -m -f -u -q knockeduphooker9.1.1Full10-26-09
Buy me some meds

ericskyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
has anyone figured out the root for kindle fire on 6.3.3

Kafluke
Old
(Last edited by Kafluke; 21st June 2014 at 01:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblindy View Post
Please post steps in flashing firmware 6.3.2. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back though, because I reset to factory settings before I realized that the firmware had updated.
Here's what I did:

1. Download stock firmware 6.3.2 (latest KFU will get it for you)
2. Copy stock firmware to internal storage on Kindle Fire (boot up Kindle Fire and plug into your computer)
3. Download TWRP 2.2.2.1 from here. (thanks sd_shadow).
4. Download latest FFF using KFU
5. Put TWRP and FFF into a folder on your computer that contains fastboot.exe
6. Make a factory cable (google "make Motorola factory usb cable") or you can buy a premade one or an adapter. Here's an example.
7. Turn off your Kindle fire and unplug it from your computer.
8. Plug one end or your factory cable into your computer.
9. Open a windows command prompt from the folder with fastboot.exe in it.
10. While the Kindle Fire is turned off, plug in the other end of your factory cable into the Kindle fire. This should throw the KF into fastboot mode.
If you have created the factory cable correctly you should see the red Kindle screen but it should stay there and you should get a new driver install notification in Windows. Install the driver for the Kindle Fire bootloader.
11. From your Windows command prompt run these commands (substituting the names for whatever your TWRP and FFF files are called)
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader fff.bin
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
Now you should see the FireFireFire blue screen and you can push the power button to boot into TWRP. From TWRP you can wipe everything and install the 6.3.2 file you placed on the Kindle Fire earlier (if you want to flash a KitKat ROM like CM11 or others then you must re flash recovery with latest TWRP from here). After you are using 6.3.2 you can run latest KFU and it will work just fine.

Quote:
So how are you preventing it from taking another OTA of 6.3.3?
I don't know how to prevent it. Maybe its best to just flash CM11 on it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kafluke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jblindy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool.....thanks!

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1222
Quote:
From TWRP you can wipe everything and install the 6.3.2 file you placed on the Kindle Fire earlier.
Unless newest Twrp is different, only Twrp 2.2.2.1 or lower can install stock kindle firmware. Other TWRP versions will bootloop the Kindle Fire, and Twrp will need to be flashed in bootloader
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
Unless newest Twrp is different, only Twrp 2.2.2.1 or lower can install stock kindle firmware. Other TWRP versions will bootloop the Kindle Fire, and Twrp will need to be flashed in bootloader
Correct or cannibal open touch recovery but it won`t flash Kit Kat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kafluke
Old
(Last edited by Kafluke; 21st June 2014 at 01:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
Well, whatever KFU .99 downloaded, that's what I flashed. And it worked. I don't have the Kindle anymore to check TWRP version .

I don't want anyone bricking their fire because of my steps though. I'll edit the post. Thanks sd_shadow!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kafluke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]